Thread: wolverine at a bear bait?

Default wolverine at a bear bait?

Has any one had it happen? Would it be legal to shoot?[in wolverine season]

Never ran a bait myself but I see no reason a wolverine wouldn't show up.

5 or 6 years ago my dad had a wolverine come to a bait he was sitting on in 16B.

If in season I see no reason it wouldn't be legal. Nothing in the regs against 'baiting wolverines' lol.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Get a trapping license just to cover your tail and make sure it is in season. There have been pictures of wolverines posted on here at bait stations.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Nope. It's never happened. (wink)

Taylor
    Attached Images Attached Images

I highly doubt the season runs past April 1, even with the trapping side. You can check though. Usually the fur starts going bad by the end of March.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    Nope. It's never happened. (wink)

Taylor
    Cool. Only a fellow gun crank could understand this but I have a Rem mod 25 pump in .25-20 that I have always wanted to shoot a wolverine with. Not a fox, not a wolf, a wolverine. Only way its going to happen is over bait.