Thread: Lost some more parking in Seward

Default Lost some more parking in Seward

Took the boat out today for a shakedown cruise and to my unbelieving eyes some Bozo put a foundation in the middle of the north ramp parking area. Lost a dozen or more places for truck and trailer, for what?
    I guess in a couple of years we will be parking at the airport and walking back like the Whittidiots have us doing. Seward won't be happy till only the handiecapped have a parking space. in the harbor.
    Maybe I feel a bad knee in my future. Then I can have one of the 6 spots there.

Did you find some herring or were you just cruising?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

The Herring wont show in force till the end of may. I did cruse over a few bait balls in the harbor but they frown on fishing from a boat in the harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by smokumreds View Post
    Took the boat out today for a shakedown cruise and to my unbelieving eyes some Bozo put a foundation in the middle of the north ramp parking area. Lost a dozen or more places for truck and trailer, for what? .
    Um.. that would be the City of Seward and US Coast Guard's newest Operations office. You lost your parking in the name of Homeland Security.

I did some checking and that is correct. I wonder what was wrong with the Coast Guard station that is on the tourist side of the harbor? Maybe they need a new T shirt shop over there.
    Im glad I only use the parking lot on the weekdays. I dont go neat there on the weekends if I gan get arround it. Then wait till derby time and watch what happens.

But come one, admit it - you do feel safer now!

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. View Post
    But come one, admit it - you do feel safer now!
    LOL An Otter Team will be on duty 24/7/365!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

The harbor master wanted the building moved over to the north parking lot. I am not really sure why she wanted it over there and i'm not sure what they are going to do with the old spot. The city is paying for most of the move. The move is scheduled for July. The Mustang will be moved over to the new Z float. The new Z float was messed up also. the pile drivers made a mistake and drove the big pilings to close to the break water so now when its low tide there isn't enough water to park a boat on the east side of the float. Nobody caught the mistake until all of the piling were driven. Some reason the city accepted the work. Another messed up project done by the city.

If the town of Seward was involved you can bet they figured a way to pinch more money out of something or someone.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    If the town of Seward was involved you can bet they figured a way to pinch more money out of something or someone.

The Electric department