Thread: Tired Iron

Default Tired Iron

Does anyone on this forum participate in the Tired Iron event up in Fairbanks? I have an old Polaris I am thinking of restoring over the course of this year and maybe attending (even racing) next year.

There really is something special about the old machines. The new ones are awesome, with all their technology and performance, but those old Rupps, Moto-skis, Cats, and Polarises just seemed to be so much more interesting in their complete lack of sophistication and raw honesty. Just wanted to know if there were any like-minded enthusiasts on this forum.

I'm with ya man, I grew on the vintage sleds and even though I currently don't own any I am hoping I can make some room for some in the future.

Count me in! I own a 1973 Elan SS and a 1975 Oly 300. I have the new technology and embrace it very much, but love to ride the old iron. More people are interested in my original Elan than my new sleds.

Summer projects are two 69-71? Mustangs and a 71-73? Olympique. Hopefully both Mustangs will be fixable and I'll have three good oldies!

I went to it last year and it was a blast seeing all the old relics it was great I had to 1969 artic cats that it fix up you couldn't believe how many there was. If your interested give me a call and I'll try to find my info they usually contact me just waiting for my them.(907)529-7633 Doug

Smile I went today...

It was really cool some of the older machines they have, some are in great condition, others are literally a bucket of rust. They don't start them fast enough though, there was something like 7 minutes in between racers.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford