Thread: Impellers

Default Impellers

Since I know there are quite a few jet boaters on here that have been doing it alot longer than I have, I figure you have better knowledge of local resources than I do. My question is, what is the best place locally to get a new impeller to have a spare and also, where is the best place to get an impeller re-ground? I've called Marita, Dewey's, and AMDS with no results. By the way, to make it easier, I'm looking for an impeller for a 2000 Mercury 140 Jet. Marita didn't have one on hand, but said they could order it. I would just as soon pick it up from someone that has it on hand rather than order it through them though. If I'm going to order it and have to wait, I can find it online cheaper. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.

greatland welding

Quote Originally Posted by MToutdoorsman View Post
    Since I know there are quite a few jet boaters on here that have been doing it alot longer than I have, I figure you have better knowledge of local resources than I do. My question is, what is the best place locally to get a new impeller to have a spare and also, where is the best place to get an impeller re-ground? I've called Marita, Dewey's, and AMDS with no results. By the way, to make it easier, I'm looking for an impeller for a 2000 Mercury 140 Jet. Marita didn't have one on hand, but said they could order it. I would just as soon pick it up from someone that has it on hand rather than order it through them though. If I'm going to order it and have to wait, I can find it online cheaper. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Contact AK Frontier Fabrication, they're the best in the business for rebuilding your props and impellers.

Greatland has ob impellers. They also had UHMW lined sleeves last time I was in there. I am still curious about them and have heard mixed reviews. Seems like a good idea that would add some life to the impeller by giving a little when you vacuum up some gravel as opposed to the standard aluminum sleeve.

Wooldridge boats makes the stainless impellers and can advise you on which one you need for your application.

Greatland welding great place to do business and a great place to give your business to.....

Talk to Gary or Dennis at Greatland Welding, Palmer/Wasilla hwy 745-2383

Will Greatland do the work on sight or send it someplace else like A1 Prop??

Professional marine in anchorage has a fair amount of jet stuff, they are off Potter. I can't give you a recommendation on their service though, I don't have any experience.

If it was me, I would take advantage of this nice weather and drive out to Greatland.
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Gary does all his own work. I have never heard of him sending work to anybody else.
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

I ran a uhmw liner once. It was nice that you could run closer tolerances but all it takes it one sharp rock to gouge it to the point you" ll go back to an aluminum one. I guess it just's depends how you run your boat. I was always hitting bottom

Contact Greatland Welding, they're the best in the business for rebuilding your props and impellers.

Another vote for Gary at Greatland. Reasonable prices, fast turnaround time, work is top notch, and a great crew at the shop.
    BK

Thanks for all the replies. Contacted Greatland and will hopefully be able to make it out there tomorrow to pick up one new impeller and drop one off.
    NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.