Thread: Micro 4/3??

Default Micro 4/3??

Anyone on here played around with a micro 4/3 camera yet? The lumix gf1 or gf2 specifically?

Almost all my photos are results of opportunity while I'm doing "other" activities. So it makes sense from the standpoint of size, weight, etc. I very rarely go out Just to take photos. Very rarely.

I like the abilty to change lenses as well, but honestly for most of what I do.. the small pancake lens shooting in raw, I would be able to do everything I need to do after the fact in PS.

Anyone use one? Thoughts? Best use? I've read pretty much all the reviews out there, think I've pretty much made my mind up.... I think.

Looks like a sweet camera, but it won't fit well in your chest pocket of your waders

While off subject, I couldn't help but to pass something on. As food for thought for others if nothing else.

I have an 2007-ish Pentax Optio waterproof camera I take on float trips. Takes great pictures and as long as you don't need much pp, the jpegs do pretty well as you know. I usually increase vibrancy, saturation, add a bit of sharpness, and crop if needed. Got the wife a newer model about two years back. The newest model has my attention as well. 14 mp, waterproof to 33 feet, crushproof, cold and dust proof, etc.. just a bad *** camera for an outdoorsman. And small enough to fit in a wader pocket.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Dan I had not seen that new pentax. I like it and might have to pick one up Thanks.

They keep getting better and better. Mine is like 5 years old and takes great pics. My wife's is much nicer and captures better images, nicer lcd screen, longer Li-ion battery life, etc... The new one at 14 mp is a beast for a camera this size. And being 100% waterproof comes in very handy as you well know. Without these Pentax cameras, I wouldn't have 20% of the fish pictures I do. Having a camera in your waders, on you all the time, not worrying about weather and such, is fantastic.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.