Thread: Air pressure in tires?

Default Air pressure in tires?

I put a set of ITP 589s on my wheeler last year I am running them at 7 psi and they still seem really stiff when running rocks or hard trails. In the mud they are awesome.

I was just wondering what everyone else was running their tires at. I think I might drop them down to 5 psi and see if that's a happy medium.
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

try 2 psi, i always run 2 psi and love that pressure for the ride and the grip
    Semper Fi!

Here is a link to ITPs website.

http://www.itptires.com/tirereference.html
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thanks for that link. I've been running my 589's at 10 psi, but will bump them to 12. Obviously the higher psi is for the increased weight of the UTV's vs. ATV's. I've seen where backing up with my 6x6 in and out of a ditch the rear tire is almost compressd to the rim because of not enough psi for the weight of the rig.

Thanks for bringing up the subject of tire pressure. I usually run 7 pounds in the MudBugs on my Kodiak, because that's what it lists as MAX on the sidewall. After reading this thread I played around some with the pressure. Wow! what a difference in the ride at 4 pounds. It's like a totally different machine. Below that, they start feeling a little squishy/bouncy. But 4 pounds still feels stable without the harshness I had before. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Mudlites have the pressure for both UTV and ATV printed right on the tire.

Or at least the new ones from 2009 did.

Quote Originally Posted by 1s1k View Post
    thanks for that link. I've been running my 589's at 10 psi, but will bump them to 12. Obviously the higher psi is for the increased weight of the utv's vs. Atv's. I've seen where backing up with my 6x6 in and out of a ditch the rear tire is almost compressd to the rim because of not enough psi for the weight of the rig.

look on the sidewall of the tire. They have max tire pressure. The atv manual also has correct tire pressure