Thread: Where to store fish in Anchorage

Default Where to store fish in Anchorage

We're coming up in August, and will be fishing different areas (Mat Su rivers, Homer, Seward, Valdez). I need a place to store frozen fish while we are out and about. I know about the airport, but at 15 bucks a day per box we're looking at a 300$ or more potential bill. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative, or better yet, anyone in Anchorage area have some freezer space they'd make available. I can pay cash or a few fillets , your choice.

The processor my wife & I use stores our fish at no charge until we leave. Granted our processor is in Soldotna, but you can ask the processor you plan to use in Anchorage & see if they offer the same deal.

" I know about the airport, but at 15 bucks a day per box we're looking at a 300$ or more potential bill."

Yikes, that could be a bit spendy for sure Fishfood!

We'll be in the same situation in early August so thanks for bringing this question up. Possibly a butcher shop or grocery store might be able to help us? Maybe find a processor closer to Anchorage?

- Jay

Send me a PM.

Got your PM there RustyMonkey. Thanks much for the offer. The six of us might strain your available space a bit but let me know what you think.

- Jay

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    We're coming up in August, and will be fishing different areas (Mat Su rivers, Homer, Seward, Valdez). I need a place to store frozen fish while we are out and about. I know about the airport, but at 15 bucks a day per box we're looking at a 300$ or more potential bill. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative, or better yet, anyone in Anchorage area have some freezer space they'd make available. I can pay cash or a few fillets , your choice.
    In the good old days I believe 10th & M did that.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel