Thread: PWS Conditions

Default PWS Conditions

I am wondering if anyone has any information on the conditions out of Whittier. I am also wondering if anyone has seen many bears out there yet this year. thank you

I saw a bear two weeks ago. I'm leaving Thursday for a two week muzzleloader trip in the Sound. I can give an update when I get back.

I am wanting to go this weekend and was wondering what to expect. I will be heading down on thursday so maybe I will see you out and about. good luck and wish you well
    Thanks for the reply

out this weekend saw 2 my son shot 1 but a lot of work the snow was deep still

thanks I am hoping the same goes for me I dont mind walking. hope we loose alot of snow this week. Really just looking for a good time.
    Thanks for the reply

was out thurs. thru sat.Snows melting fast where i was, didn't see any green grass yet,did see one bear,little one.shrimping was descent.only a few people. Good Luck

I was down there this weekend. Lots of snow still, especially really deep in most bays. We got lucky; spotted and dropped one during low tide on an island as we were headed in for the night. Small female.

Quote Originally Posted by iusckeeper View Post
    I was down there this weekend. Lots of snow still, especially really deep in most bays. We got lucky; spotted and dropped one during low tide on an island as we were headed in for the night. Small female.
    Nice! Was there ice in the bays? Where I hunted, I always had to bust up the ice with hull and after a few weekends, it would be gone. Would start in mid April.

Nothing in tact. A little bit of sheet here or there and random chunks depending on which bay you were in. Basically ice on the water was slim to none.

My buddy made a day trip out of Whittier last Sun (1st) and shot a 5 1/2 footer south of Whittier passage while doing a 4hr soak on the shrimp pots. He said the weather and water were fine. He never even really talked about snow that much so I'm assuming it's not that bad.

There is 5 foot of snow right off the beach in several of the bays running up towards College.