Thread: Kryptek Outdoor Group (hunting apparel) launches site

Default Kryptek Outdoor Group (hunting apparel) launches site

Hey folks, just a quick note to say that our Kryptek friends have finally launched their new website:

Great new camo clothing!

http://www.kryptek.com

When you have time to check out their info, you'll have a fun time reading about some recent adventures we've pursued with them and their clothing:

click on "Adventures" to read about our 2010 moose hunt and my recent journey to hunt Marco Polo and Ibex in Tajikistan with Mark Wade.

Great stuff guys, hope you enjoy!

Spread the word if you like what you see.

larry

nice read on the sheep and ibex hunt. awesome. when are you going back? what are you hunting? someday i'll get there, hopefully...

gear looks nice as well.

Great looking website Larry. Can't wait to get my hands on it and try some.

Congratulations to the guys for getting this off the ground!
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

not sure how much i can comment on the marco and ibex hunt here on this site, but here's a bit of info:

travel was exhausting to reach tajikistan through amsterdam, turkey, and then tajik. Took about 23 hours by air and another 18 hours by SUV from dushambe, tajik to reach base camp at hotsprings camp (12,500 ft). This hunt was in the Pamir Mnts, northeast of the Hindu Kush, along the china and afghanistan borders. sweet spot with lots of animals.

took some diamox for altitude sickness, but only curbed the nausea and headaches up to about 15,000-ft (hunt altitude).

Incredible scenery, cool experience, but nothing we would do again. Too much money, too much travel, and hunting is hunting.

I'll take moose, caribou, and sheep hunting in Alaska any day of the week...

57" marco polo
    41" ibex

2 pints of vomit

lost about 4 lbs body weight

took about 7 hours of video footage of the hunt

it's alll good, fellas.

Glad to be back in alaska.

Looks nice, but try to buy some and you can't. The Kryptek site sends you to Cabelas and then Cabelas does not have the stuff. Searched Cabelas for Kryptek, and the specific item names. No luck.

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    Looks nice, but try to buy some and you can't. The Kryptek site sends you to Cabelas and then Cabelas does not have the stuff. Searched Cabelas for Kryptek, and the specific item names. No luck.
    They have a timer at the bottom of the page saying when Cabelas will start stocking. It says in 42 days the Krptek stuff will be at Cabelas. Looks like nice stuff though.

I will second Larry's comment about Kryptek's gear. I have worn and owned a lot of "the best" clothing out there for hunting. It seems everyone is always looking for that perfect pair of pants, jacket, or raingear. What makes one company's "better" than the other? Well that usally is up to people like us who wear it in the field and provide feedback on forums like this. To get gear that is field worthy and will last, we typicall have to go to company's like Arcteryx, Mountain Hardwear, Westcomb, Marmot, Mammut, etc. Sitka gear was one of the first to really take hunting apparel and make it comparable to these high end outdoor gear companies mentioned. I love that Kryptek has introduced a line of clothing that gives the hunter more choices and better pricing.

I have had the opportunity to wear some of the Kryptek gear and I am hear to tell you it is really good gear! I would venture to say that Kryptek has had their gear tested in the most austere environments by the toughest people on gear that walk the planet. The clothing speaks volumes of their attention to detail and feedback they have gotten from these Spec Ops men testing their gear. You will not be dissapointed with this company or the gear.

I know it is hard to order clothing without seeing it or feeling it so if you live in the Fairbanks area, I will be happy to let you check out the gear I have been field testing.

RC

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bartlett View Post
    Hey folks, just a quick note to say that our Kryptek friends have finally launched their new website:

Great new camo clothing!

[URL]http://www.kryptek.com[/URL

When you have time to check out their info, you'll have a fun time reading about some recent adventures we've pursued with them and their clothing:

click on "Adventures" to read about our 2010 moose hunt and my recent journey to hunt Marco Polo and Ibex in Tajikistan with Mark Wade.

Great stuff guys, hope you enjoy!

Spread the word if you like what you see.

larry
    hey larry, can you post the weight of each item (i heard you have this info)? i looked on their www and it is nowhere to be found. weight is important to me in the sheep mnts. thanks.

Larry or anyone.........can you comment on the differences between this gear and Sitka gear besides price?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Tom, here ya go. This is a cut and paste from another forum i posted last week regarding weights and fit.

One of the owners of Kryptek, Greg Love, is the guy who started the MothWing company which designed the Mimicry pattern, so now Kryptek uses it for this lineup.

The weight of the clothing is stellar, too.

My pants: no stretch at all. Unlike Sporthill for example.
    These pants are my favorite garment so far, rugged, fit well, plenty of boot length and overhang to keep debris out (i'm a 34-35" length guy). Knees have protective coating bonded laminate. plenty of pockets everhwere. These pants are the bomb, baby. I hate pants that shrink and become too short. High-waters aren't my thing, and these pants have been washed and dried at least a dozen times and still they look and fit like brand new.

I'm also concerned about weights:

pants = 25 oz
    rain top = 23 oz
    rain bottoms = 24 oz
    longsleeve shirt = 13 oz

Great quality, unbelievable starting prices. Cabela's wanted Sitka quality with Browning prices, and they got it...they'll move this ineventory quickly IMO.

Lots of cool stuff on their website

http://www.kryptek.com

I'm happy to answer any other specific questions. nice to have some good gear that's MUCH quieter than Sitka gear. The rain gear is great for wind protection while bow hunting, and there is no sound from this clothing when walking or when drawing my bow.

Larry