Thread: image stabilizing binoculars

Default image stabilizing binoculars

I'm going to purchase new binocs. I know there was a thread a while back on this subject. I can't seem to find it. What do some of you recommend for image stabilizers? Thanks.

I have a set of the canon IS in 10X. They have been great. They are on the low end price wise. Nikon and Fujinon also make some quality IS glass that come with a higher price.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Thanks. I finally found that thread. It was a little older than I thought. I ended up ordering the Fujinon 14 x 40. Should be here in a week or so. Hope they're worth the money.

I think the Fujinon and the Nikon are basically the same. I may have the 12 power, I am not sure without looking, but they are great and I would never want to go back to non-stabilized binos on the boat.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Convinced my wife to buy the 12X Cannon IS binoculars last season, really worth the $600+ price tag. She really loves bird watching, IS is great for that and makes it easy to see what the other guy is using for bait.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Wife bought me the Canon 10X a few years ago, amazing bino's.
    While the boat is on step, I can glass the beaches and determine if the dot we are looking at is a bear, deer, rock, or piece of driftwood. Stand at the stern and let the wife drive. Pretty cool I tell ya!
    BK

i need to get some of those, it is so hard to use binos on the boat, even on a flat calm day
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I'm off ot Alaska to fish in a few weeks and I'll finally get a chance to borrow a buddies Nikon Stabileyes 14x40. We'll be fishing out of Sitka with Sitka Point Charters and having quality boating specific bino's should be very handy for checking out feeding birds,wales,seal/sea lions. I can't wait to put try them out. My buddy uses them all the time on his 50 foot boat so I'm certain if they are good enough for him they will do all I ask of them. Pics to come!