Thread: Disappointed...

Default Disappointed...

I have to tell you all I feel serious disappointment when I visit this site.
    I have been baiting bear since 1996 in Alaska and the past few years here in Idaho. As I prepare for my return "home" in the upcoming weeks I look to this relatively new forum for motivation and support. I think we can all do better by assessing our values and not let this site be overrun by counter productivity. I love bears and while I've only harvested one 6-footer in 16 years, I adore every encounter and often times photograph and video tape rather than take the air out of them with an arrow. Don't get me wrong I whole-heartedly savor the meat of a well harvested, well cared for boar black bear. Did you know we're not supposed to "hang" bear meat as we do deer? This according to Mr. Doug Drum {Indian Valley Meats} who I sat in his seminar in 1995 shortly after being assigned to Elmendorf. y taxidermist is Mike Frasier in South Anchorage whom many considered as the bear-hide "doctor". His work still enthralls all who admire his "life-like" bear rugs. I hope you can take "your" forum back beaceuse I'd really like to be a part of this awesome opprotunity to share our experiences.
    R/

Honestly sir I have no idea what your point is.

"You can never go home, again".

If you are "disappointed" at the mere reading of what Alaska is like today, I shudder to think of the trauma that lies ahead upon your return. LOL Even Elmendorf AFB no longer exists.....IT is a has been...all washed up...now it is JBER!!! Bottomline...there is no longer room for individuals in Alaska....You gotta be a member of a Co-Op...When ya get here...pm me...I'll give you the number to a therapist.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by AKluvr95 View Post
    I have to tell you all I feel serious disappointment when I visit this site.
    I have been baiting bear since 1996 in Alaska and the past few years here in Idaho. As I prepare for my return "home" in the upcoming weeks I look to this relatively new forum for motivation and support. this awesome opprotunity to share our experiences.
    R/
    What are you getting at? you want a welcome home party?

Oh there's gonna be a party...
    So I'm the only one who feels like this particular forum has a negative context?
    I'm hoping [as you and th moderators have already done...to some degree] keep the craziness out of what can othewise be a fullfilling and very rewarding experience.
    MY "point" and what I'm "GETTING AT" is the feeling I come away with after visiting this sight~not very positive overall...
    Yeah, I know too well about change.
    Squatters [who didn't want to put forth their own effort] took over the sight I hunted for 6 years and killed everything in sight.
    Yeah I know all about the public land issue...
    I used to have 7 different black bears and a brown coming regularly.

Ahh now I see what your getting at, your first post was a little unclear. I agree with you. As of late it seems there have been more crazy and rude posts. I think much of it is just misunderstanding since you really can't tell someones tone on a text style forum. However there are some who just seem like rude sour people. I'd like to get back to hunting talk and less of the mud slinging that goes on. Maybe once success stories and photos show up the forum will mellow out.

Quote Originally Posted by AKF View Post
    Honestly sir I have no idea what your point is.
    Don't know what you are talking about us Army Guys refuse to call it JBER it is still Ft Richardson and Elmendorf! Only you civilians call it JBER cause none of you know any better. Side note Elmendorf runs everything on both posts except for the ranges those still belong to the Army...

I agree AKluvr. Already on this post people have proved your point for you.
    Lets just get back to good old hunting talk and enjoying other peoples hunts and experiences.
    After all thats why MOST of us are on here.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    [...] Only you civilians call it JBER cause none of you know any better. Side note Elmendorf runs everything on both posts except for the ranges those still belong to the Army...
    Don't forget those of us with prior service who still call the base EAFB and/or FTRICH (excuse the abbreviations, I'm on my iPhone).
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

JBER? Blah. I hate calling it that. I'm retired AF and I dont' think the AF and Army will ever be able to blend together. Great concept, but they have two totally different missions and ways of thinking/working. I still shop on Elmendorf and use the auto skill center on Ft. Rich. Not JBER.......

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Don't know what you are talking about us Army Guys refuse to call it JBER it is still Ft Richardson and Elmendorf! Only you civilians call it JBER cause none of you know any better. Side note Elmendorf runs everything on both posts except for the ranges those still belong to the Army...
    I know several soldiers who call it JBER...although I don't see what the big deal is ("Army Guys refusing to call it JBER").

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    I know several soldiers who call it JBER...although I don't see what the big deal is ("Army Guys refusing to call it JBER").
    It's a pride thing for us "Army Guys". IMO
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

Quote Originally Posted by B&C 04 View Post
    It's a pride thing for us "Army Guys". IMO
    It's gonna be OK...You can still yell "Hooahh"....but you just gotta get used to sayin' it in a more refined, softer tone is all...
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    It's gonna be OK...You can still yell "Hooahh"....but you just gotta get used to sayin' it in a more refined, softer tone is all...
    Ya, you got that right
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

Geez...just another worthless thread.......
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR