Thread: Ed's Air Service

Default Ed's Air Service

An aquaintence is traveling to Alaska this summer from Israel. Apparently he has all the info he requires to fly legally here and is looking for a good place to rent a 152 or 170. He found the name of Ed and Lorraine Hoeger of Ed's Air Service somewhere and asked my opinion of their service. Frankly I've never heard of them (only here a short 25 years) and can find no listing in the phone book etc. Help....Anyone know of this outfit? If not, any suggestions I can give him? Thanks all....jb

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyfish View Post
    An aquaintence is traveling to Alaska this summer from Israel. Apparently he has all the info he requires to fly legally here and is looking for a good place to rent a 152 or 170. He found the name of Ed and Lorraine Hoeger of Ed's Air Service somewhere and asked my opinion of their service. Frankly I've never heard of them (only here a short 25 years) and can find no listing in the phone book etc. Help....Anyone know of this outfit? If not, any suggestions I can give him? Thanks all....jb
    Sorry ----------------- flew out of Anchorage (and from there to just about everyplace....) and don't recall any Ed's Flying Service. Cessna 170s are probably pretty hard to find on the rental market though.

yeah, Ed's Air operated for awhile out of the old Reeve hangar on 5th in the early mid 90's. He hasnt been around in a long time.