Thread: Bank fishing Kenai and Kasilof for Silvers

Default Bank fishing Kenai and Kasilof for Silvers

I am planning a trip for early September to the Kenai area. I grew up in the Bristol Bay area so I am familiar with Alska fishing. I have a group of co-workers (3) that want to go to alaska fishing that have never been there. None of can afford a fully guided trip so I was hoping to put together something relativly cheap. Figured bank fishing for Silvers and trout and rent a cabin somewhere for 5 days or so. any help/suggestions on places to stay and best places to access the bank for Silvers would be appreciated. Thanks you all!

Have a look at Eagle Rock on the Kenai. They charge $10 to drive in. Silver fishing is downstream from the parking lot, starts in August and usually pretty productive.

I'd try finding a campsite near the Russian River. The crowds will be gone by Sept, and you can get into some excellent silver fishing. You can also fish for big rainbows in the Kenai here, or alternatively, do some bead fishing in nearby small creeks (Crescent, Ptarmigan, Quartz). You'll be away from the hustle and bustle (hah) of Kenai, but still have access to groceries if you need it. Are you bringing your own rods/reels?

Id go to eagles rock or behind the university, Set up a simple rig with a bobber 18-24 inches above the hook with a split shot 1/3 the total length of the line up from the hook. Attach some roe and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwhacker View Post
    Id go to eagles rock or behind the university, Set up a simple rig with a bobber 18-24 inches above the hook with a split shot 1/3 the total length of the line up from the hook. Attach some roe and have fun.
    Anyone ever try any spinners, or fish for trout?

Spinners? For silvers? On the Kenai?

Really? Say it ain't so!

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=213332

I realize these fish were caught from a boat, but trust me ALL were within casting range of the bank... thta's where the critters travel.

The boat just gave us a lot more mobility to cover more territory.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD