Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Legal definition of "bait station"?

  1. #1

    Default Legal definition of "bait station"?

    A) In Alaska, what is the statutory and/or regulatory definition of "bait station"? Please provide an exact citation, not opinion. If not in statute or regulation, has it been defined via case law?

    B) If there is a legal definition, what is the test used for determining if a "bait station" exist, using this legal definition? A test being, a simple set of yes/no questions.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Member mit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Read the reg book.
    Tim

  3. #3
    Premium Member kasilofchrisn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central Kenai Peninsula
    Posts
    4,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukshot View Post
    A) In Alaska, what is the statutory and/or regulatory definition of "bait station"? Please provide an exact citation, not opinion. If not in statute or regulation, has it been defined via case law?

    B) If there is a legal definition, what is the test used for determining if a "bait station" exist, using this legal definition? A test being, a simple set of yes/no questions.

    Thank you
    What is the goal here?
    Sounds like someone is trying to set up a bait station without having to register it?
    Like mit said read the regs its in there somewhere.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

    "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    FAI
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    The answer may or may not be in the regulations. I have had similar questions in the past. For instance, what is the legal definition or regulation on "airborne", "road", "publicly maintained", and the list goes on. I have looked for days for those answers and more. Likely most of those words are proven somehow in case law, but the definitions are lacking, or at least hard to find, in regulation.
    I'm not sure I want "Webster" determining or defining those words. If so, then jumping a creek might mean you were "airborne". Better keep one foot on the ground at all time. ()

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Outta Big Lake
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    well, i like to think i know my regs in side out, so i did a littl search, and it ook me exacially 4.8 seconds to find the legal definition of "bait" in my reg book. here goes

    " Bait - any material, excluding scent lures, placed to attract an animal by its sense of smell and/or taste; bait does not include those parts of legaly taken animals that are not required to be as edible meat IF parts are NOT moved from the kill site.


    There you have it boys (and girls), Thy didn't have the definition of a scent lure in there, but I would emagine that it is refering to things such as trapping lure, and things marked "LURE" not "BAIT" so, pouring a gallon of syrup on the ground, would be bait, but some O.L. Butchers No 2 mink lure, spread lovingly on the ground, that my campadrey, is ust lure.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Outta Big Lake
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    A bait station would be the placing of said bait and making it a point to keep bait there.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    well, i like to think i know my regs in side out, so i did a littl search, and it ook me exacially 4.8 seconds to find the legal definition of "bait" in my reg book. here goes

    " Bait - any material, excluding scent lures, placed to attract an animal by its sense of smell and/or taste; bait does not include those parts of legaly taken animals that are not required to be as edible meat IF parts are NOT moved from the kill site.


    There you have it boys (and girls), Thy didn't have the definition of a scent lure in there, but I would emagine that it is refering to things such as trapping lure, and things marked "LURE" not "BAIT" so, pouring a gallon of syrup on the ground, would be bait, but some O.L. Butchers No 2 mink lure, spread lovingly on the ground, that my campadrey, is ust lure.
    " -- Scent lures may be used for ungulates, and for black bears ONLY under a black bear baiting permit. " From page 18 of the current regs.

    Gus

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Outta Big Lake
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    " -- Scent lures may be used for ungulates, and for black bears ONLY under a black bear baiting permit. " From page 18 of the current regs.

    Gus
    Oops, Sory about that, I guess I'm not as good as I thought I was

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •