Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: who's been hit?

Default who's been hit?

anyone getting any hits yet? i know it early but u never know

My earlist has been May 16th. Normal for me is May 23-26. I'm in 14A though.

Got my bait out on May 2nd last year and first bears hit it May 8th. Baited the same site last weekend and not getting back to it til next weekend. I'm in 16B. Hopefully the trail cam will have more then the 4 pics it took of us before we left the site

Was going to check my 14a site today but now I'm getting shipped to unalakleet

Just went out this morning, baited last weekend. Have nothing yet, gonna wait another week. Usually takes until about the third week in May for things to heat up.

Just got back from my site (what a pain in the butt it is to drag 2 barrels to 2 diff sites (granted only about 150yds apart but still sucked) on foot with 2 buddies and another member on here who I am donating a setup to.). Will check back later next week at my site he is going to sit his site this week.

Default Hit

Yes, been hit already.

I've been hit.

Unit numbers? I'm hopefully checking my 14a tonight. Have you guys had multiple bears or just an early bird? It's nice seeing the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    Unit numbers? I'm hopefully checking my 14a tonight. Have you guys had multiple bears or just an early bird? It's nice seeing the pictures.
    Area 14A. I have pics of this one and another at night, but the night pic only shows the rear end section.
    I have no pics of them at the bait, however, I have bait missing. They must have tripped the camera and took the bait during the 10 min delay.

Havent had a chance to set up baits yet....still some snow......................16B

Unit 15A just got my baits out yesterday most of the snow is gone and I am seeing a little new green growth my wife will be checking in a few days so I am hoping for some good news when she gets back from that while I am out here at work. I usually get a hit within a few days of the opener there and I am hoping for the same luck this year.

4 of the 5 sites we have were hit according camera starting last Saturday and they hit them hard on Monday. One of my barrels is almost empty, using popcorn well three ofthe barrels we are using popcorn... Going to keep Alaska forum tradition going not going tell what unit we are in, sorry fellas that's how it has to be! Anyhow ditch the fancy perfumes, scent balls and just use popcorn! Before any of the Alaska forums wannabe game warden arrive on the scene thier are 4 of us baiting hence 5 sites.

Could have shot a VERY nice black last night on an open hillside. Just didn't have the time to deal with it. Bears are out and about though!

Hhhmmm gives me a reason to go to tok give you, your 50 bucks and shoot all your black bears. Well shoot at them I shoud say...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    4 of the 5 sites we have were hit according camera starting last Saturday and they hit them hard on Monday. One of my barrels is almost empty, using popcorn well three ofthe barrels we are using popcorn... Going to keep Alaska forum tradition going not going tell what unit we are in, sorry fellas that's how it has to be! Anyhow ditch the fancy perfumes, scent balls and just use popcorn! Before any of the Alaska forums wannabe game warden arrive on the scene thier are 4 of us baiting hence 5 sites.
    I gotta funny feeling I talked to you or one of your partners with a trooper about 3 weeks back. Some guys up a certain road area were talking to a trooper about putting in 5 stands in the area. And he was talking about using popcorn. Maybe you saw me and my nephew with my green dodge and yellow four wheeler.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    I gotta funny feeling I talked to you or one of your partners with a trooper about 3 weeks back. Some guys up a certain road area were talking to a trooper about putting in 5 stands in the area. And he was talking about using popcorn. Maybe you saw me and my nephew with my green dodge and yellow four wheeler.
    That would be us... Thing is I told people about the area offered to take them and no takers. As of now we are the only ones back there...

That would be us... Thing is I told people about the area offered to take them and no takers. As of now we are the only ones back there...
    You never told me about the area

Hhhmmm gives me a reason to go to tok give you, your 50 bucks and shoot all your black bears. Well shoot at them I shoud say...
    I'll just have to charge you with tresspassing!

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    You never told me about the area
    Well my buddies I should say...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast