Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 147

Thread: who's been hit?

  1. #1

    Default who's been hit?

    anyone getting any hits yet? i know it early but u never know

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    55

    Default

    My earlist has been May 16th. Normal for me is May 23-26. I'm in 14A though.

  3. #3
    Member terbear747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Got my bait out on May 2nd last year and first bears hit it May 8th. Baited the same site last weekend and not getting back to it til next weekend. I'm in 16B. Hopefully the trail cam will have more then the 4 pics it took of us before we left the site

  4. #4
    Member fishingyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Was going to check my 14a site today but now I'm getting shipped to unalakleet

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Just went out this morning, baited last weekend. Have nothing yet, gonna wait another week. Usually takes until about the third week in May for things to heat up.

  6. #6
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Just got back from my site (what a pain in the butt it is to drag 2 barrels to 2 diff sites (granted only about 150yds apart but still sucked) on foot with 2 buddies and another member on here who I am donating a setup to.). Will check back later next week at my site he is going to sit his site this week.

  7. #7

    Default Hit

    Yes, been hit already.

  8. #8
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I've been hit.

  9. #9
    Member fishingyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Unit numbers? I'm hopefully checking my 14a tonight. Have you guys had multiple bears or just an early bird? It's nice seeing the pictures.

  10. #10
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    Unit numbers? I'm hopefully checking my 14a tonight. Have you guys had multiple bears or just an early bird? It's nice seeing the pictures.
    Area 14A. I have pics of this one and another at night, but the night pic only shows the rear end section.
    I have no pics of them at the bait, however, I have bait missing. They must have tripped the camera and took the bait during the 10 min delay.

  11. #11
    Member kahahawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Havent had a chance to set up baits yet....still some snow......................16B

  12. #12
    Member 0321Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Unit 15A just got my baits out yesterday most of the snow is gone and I am seeing a little new green growth my wife will be checking in a few days so I am hoping for some good news when she gets back from that while I am out here at work. I usually get a hit within a few days of the opener there and I am hoping for the same luck this year.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    4 of the 5 sites we have were hit according camera starting last Saturday and they hit them hard on Monday. One of my barrels is almost empty, using popcorn well three ofthe barrels we are using popcorn... Going to keep Alaska forum tradition going not going tell what unit we are in, sorry fellas that's how it has to be! Anyhow ditch the fancy perfumes, scent balls and just use popcorn! Before any of the Alaska forums wannabe game warden arrive on the scene thier are 4 of us baiting hence 5 sites.

  14. #14

    Default

    Could have shot a VERY nice black last night on an open hillside. Just didn't have the time to deal with it. Bears are out and about though!

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Hhhmmm gives me a reason to go to tok give you, your 50 bucks and shoot all your black bears. Well shoot at them I shoud say...

  16. #16
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    4 of the 5 sites we have were hit according camera starting last Saturday and they hit them hard on Monday. One of my barrels is almost empty, using popcorn well three ofthe barrels we are using popcorn... Going to keep Alaska forum tradition going not going tell what unit we are in, sorry fellas that's how it has to be! Anyhow ditch the fancy perfumes, scent balls and just use popcorn! Before any of the Alaska forums wannabe game warden arrive on the scene thier are 4 of us baiting hence 5 sites.
    I gotta funny feeling I talked to you or one of your partners with a trooper about 3 weeks back. Some guys up a certain road area were talking to a trooper about putting in 5 stands in the area. And he was talking about using popcorn. Maybe you saw me and my nephew with my green dodge and yellow four wheeler.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    I gotta funny feeling I talked to you or one of your partners with a trooper about 3 weeks back. Some guys up a certain road area were talking to a trooper about putting in 5 stands in the area. And he was talking about using popcorn. Maybe you saw me and my nephew with my green dodge and yellow four wheeler.
    That would be us... Thing is I told people about the area offered to take them and no takers. As of now we are the only ones back there...

  18. #18
    Member fishingyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    That would be us... Thing is I told people about the area offered to take them and no takers. As of now we are the only ones back there...
    You never told me about the area

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Hhhmmm gives me a reason to go to tok give you, your 50 bucks and shoot all your black bears. Well shoot at them I shoud say...
    I'll just have to charge you with tresspassing!

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    You never told me about the area
    Well my buddies I should say...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •