Thread: I've got the "golden ticket"! I hope...........

Default I've got the "golden ticket"! I hope...........

Ticket number 0841. I wish I may, I wish I might, please let that ticket number be the one on sunday night! May 2 2011 4:45pm!

Who else bought a ticket for that sexy cub to be raffled away sunday at the airmen's show? I've bought 10 ticket's every year for the last 4 years, I hope this year, the fifth year is the winner. Changed things up and only bought 1! Only takes one, right?

Oh, yeah, uhmmmm, if'n I win that purdy little cub, who's willin to teach me how to fly it!

This is the first year in a loooong time I have not bought any tickets. Still trying to figure out how Im going to make the payments on the
    -170 for the rest of this year, cant imagine having to owe the IRS a cool 60 or 70 grand in taxes! (or how ever much it really is)
    Its almost a shame they build them so nice then give it away, I know I would be scared to fly it and get it muddy! Now if they went out and put a fresh moter on a decent shape cub that was already a little dirty and not worth 200k, I would still be a big time ticket holder!

Quote Originally Posted by roamak View Post
    This is the first year in a loooong time I have not bought any tickets. Still trying to figure out how Im going to make the payments on the
    -170 for the rest of this year, cant imagine having to owe the IRS a cool 60 or 70 grand in taxes! (or how ever much it really is)
    Its almost a shame they build them so nice then give it away, I know I would be scared to fly it and get it muddy! Now if they went out and put a fresh moter on a decent shape cub that was already a little dirty and not worth 200k, I would still be a big time ticket holder!
    lol..... I heard that last years cub winner owed 42k for taxes on the winnings. I'd gladly pay 40k ish for a brand new cub!

yeah.... I talk big...but come sunday if there is still more tickets left....well...its only $50....lol!

I bought a ticket. 42k in taxes?! If I sold my taylorcraft for what I'm paying for it, I would still be short more than half that amount. I guess I'll cross that bridge if I win. Good luck folks and hopefully the winner will be someone here.
    At sea, it's force not reason that confers sovereign rights

Dog
    I though your ref to the golden ticket was your PPL!!! Good luck on the lottery!

Just my nickel,
    Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

IRS will let you make payments on back taxes, although I do not know their terms (# pmts, interest etc) does not have to be a lump sum ... buy the ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    Dog
    I though your ref to the golden ticket was your PPL!!! Good luck on the lottery!

Just my nickel,
    Drew
    It was ref to the movie, "Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory". The kid sings the song, "I've got the golden ticket".

Thanks! Nice day up here to fly her home, if won.

Well, does anyone know who won? I guess since my phone hasn't rung it was not me.

yeah i went ahead and bought a ticket like i said i wasnt going to do. no phone call for me either. bummer. so WHO has it???

Eagle River, Alaska by way of Mobile, Alabama

I bought five golden tickets (brass now)! Was anyone else there when they announced the winner? Too funny!! He was a fella' named James. No real reaction from the crowd when the name was announced...everyone was just kinda' looking around to see if he was there. Then, when it was announced where he was from, the entire crowd let out a moan... the winner was from Massachusetts! The moan was then followed with an obligatory applause. It was as though the crowd was saying, "One of OUR Supercubs is going where?? For real???" HAHA

Massachusetts!? I did not think they allowed private ownership in communist countries. All envy aside, I hope he enjoys it. How was the trade show this year? I wish I could have made it.

Eagle River, Alaska by way of Mobile, Alabama

This was the first year I went so have nothing to compare it with. I had a good time. Lots of booths...lots of flyers...lots of planes. Love the atmosphere.

Well, next year, maybe?............................................ ......