Thread: The origin of prices: Alaska’s gasoline market is already well studied

Default The origin of prices: Alaska’s gasoline market is already well studied

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Comforting....Danged near lulled me into taking a nap....<yawn>

But it does not explain the cheap fuel costs the Alaska RailRoad and the International Air Carriers are experiencing...hmmmm I wonder why those subsidies...funded at the pump...were conveniently left out of the previous investigation and this subsequent article?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Nope just posting for information. I thought it was interesting the shipping of fuel from the L48. Flints Hill is only 15% of the gasoline supplied?

I thought the last investigation showed that the two refineries in an effort to keep jet fuel low, was charging higher prices for gas and diesel. Is that what you are referring to?

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKBassking View Post
    Nope just posting for information. I thought it was interesting the shipping of fuel from the L48. Flints Hill is only 15% of the gasoline supplied?

I thought the last investigation showed that the two refineries in an effort to keep jet fuel low, was charging higher prices for gas and diesel. Is that what you are referring to?
    Yes...You are correct. Alaskan's are subsidizing the state railroad corp and the international air carriers to the tune of about a $ per gallon..at the pump.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Banned

I don't believe a word of it, It's high because no one really complains. I have heard so much bull over the years on this one! One gem was that the Flint hills outfit makes all of it's gas at once to last out the year. Sure! What gives these outfits the right to subsidize air and rail at our expense...Insane!