Thread: Alaska Pictures - take a look

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default Alaska Pictures - take a look

I've only been up here 2 1/2 years but I think Im in love. The relationship had got a little bumpy from December to the beginning of Feb. I quite buying stuff not wanting to have to pack it. It was dark for weeks. I was ready to call it quits but then... the sun came back. The view from my window reveled the Chugach covered with snow and the sun reflected off of the Knik Arm. I went to the Knik 200 the Klondike 300 sled dog races and just this week spent hours in Anchorage and Willow at the Iditarod starts.... in the Sun. So a little hobbeled by sore muscles from walking for hours in Sorels and Carharts and 500 pictures later I've realized this love affair with Alaska is real. This weekend I talked to people from Russia to Norway, Ohio to California, even my old hometown of Portland. How could they go back to the crush of traffic in Beaverton or the flat horizon of Toledo?

I've even been able to start my own business and invite you to look at my home page. I've used a Pentax K1000 for a few, a few with a little Olympus but a Nikon D-70 for most. Right now its less about my business and more about the events that happened here over the last couple of months and photos I've taken for the last 2 years. Take a look I love the HITS.

The Iditarod pics will be up soon and more events with the Iditarod Days Wasilla Chamber events.

www.imageworkspub.com

Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I've only been up here 2 1/2 years but I think Im in love...

...The Iditarod pics will be up soon and more events with the Iditarod Days Wasilla Chamber events.

www.imageworkspub.com

Linda
    Nice webpage, Linda! I'll look forward to seeing your Iditarod photos.

I know what you mean by being in love. I have a hard time imagining how anyone could not be in love with this place.