Thread: Weekend Report... SOUND OFF!

Default Weekend Report... SOUND OFF!

Well lets hear it, who had luck and where and who sat around beating the water to no avail. Personally I spent 4 hours Saturday at the Tail Race and 3 on Sunday, I saw no rollers, had no strikes and saw no fish taken and only heard faint rumors of any being taken down. I had a friend do the same at Ship creek and got a very similar fishing report from him. I dont know if they are just very late this year or what, I hear Anchor, Deep Creek was the same as last weekend DEAD. Did anyone have any luck up in the Willow, Su, Montana area?

Unhappy Deshka

Spoke to a friend tonight who was on the Deshka today. Fished 12 hrs. and saw 5-6 fish (20-30# range) taken including the two in his boat, most all were on spinners instead of eggs. Not good. We are heading over there around 0500 tomorrow to see if we can do better. He said wind was very strong from upstream toward the mouth. So bad his anchor was moving on him. I'll post an update tomorrow evening.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Ship Cr

My brother caught his first for the season yesterday. Hooked two landed one, nice chrome hen, but had to quit when the egg-wagon broke his flyrod.

Oh well....

Said action was pretty slow overall.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone."
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Default Kenai Penninsula Fishing

Fished the Kasilof saturday morning for about 4 hours. No fish seen caught except 1 steelhead. Heard a few people were already picking up reds. Fished the Ninilchik River at the boat harbor and mouth saturday evening for another 4 hours. Saw two kings caught at the boat harbor and two more upstream. Then proceeded to Homer fishing hole, fished from 9-12 with no luck and no kings seen caught. Started early at 5 this morning with herring and vibrax spinners. Saw two fish caught on herring under a bobber. Decided to head back to anchorage early because of the lack of action. Stopped off at the anchor and fished for an hour and a half. Saw 1 king, one jack and one steelhead caught. Pretty slow fishing overall, can only hope next weekend the rivers will be full of salmon. Good luck fishing to all!

I landed two (26" & 30"), had three others on. 7wt Flyrod with sinking line, West side of Cook Inlet.

Default Misery...

I programed my computer to read aloud the entire book I am finishing up. It caught so many mistakes I spent two days being a slave to correct them.

My social life is zip. My larder is empty. And my wife, the editor, is about to strangle me.

Glad to read somone had fun...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com

Smile Editor?

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAuthor
    I programed my computer to read aloud the entire book I am finishing up. It caught so many mistakes I spent two days being a slave to correct them.

My social life is zip. My larder is empty. And my wife, the editor, is about to strangle me.

Glad to read somone had fun...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com
    Bernard,

You need to hire an editor and go fishing, man! Never trust a computer to do what a qualified person can do; the results will be oh-so-much better. Trust me, I know! My original manuscript was horrible, even after several rewrites.

It helps on the family life too!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default editor

You are so right, but now it's over; next time, I buy a proof reader.
    The editor, I will keep...

Default Ship

Fished Ship Creek on Sunday during high tide. Continues to be very slow. In 3 hours saw only two brought in (both pretty small). At least they are starting to come in.

Default Ninilchik

Fished the Ninilchik for three hours on Sat morning - caught and released 8 steelhead before I finally hooked into a king. Decided to pack it in before I left any more steelhead with sore mouths. Fishing looked pretty slow overall - plenty of fishermen but not many fish being caught. Water conditions on Deep Creek were pretty poor again, not as high as last weekend but just as dirty.

Default Homer area

Tried to fish the Bluffs Saturday morning high tide but to rough. We went to Halibut Cove instead. Caught lots of Halibut under 10#, 1 about 15 pounds, lots of cod, and several Irish Lord. Ended up going back to Homer in pretty rough waters.

Bullwinkle

Talking Mmmmmm . . . Cabezon

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle50
    Tried to fish the Bluffs Saturday morning high tide but to rough. We went to Halibut Cove instead. Caught lots of Halibut under 10#, 1 about 15 pounds, lots of cod, and several Irish Lord. Ended up going back to Homer in pretty rough waters.
    Bullwinkle
    I remember when I had my uncle up from So. Cal. He said the Irish Lord was just like Cabezon, which is considered a delicacy down there.

MM

Default Deshka Kings

Today 6-5-06, just got back around 7:30pm. We started fishing this morning around 0630 and ended up with 3 legal and 1 snagged for the day. Fishing was decent early morning, but the bite stopped around 0900. Very spotty for the rest of the day. In all we saw about 20-30 taken. The biggest was around 30#'s. The fish seem late and small this year, don't know what is going on. Maybe next weekend will be the biggie.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

All the reports seem to say the same thing, hopefully next weekend. With spotty reports the Reds are starting to trickle up to the Kasilof and Bings Landing they will be running before the Kings get off thier arses and hit it hard At least you got in some Chrome at Deshka Akmud alot better than many of us.

Deshka was OK Sunday. We got 2 fish into the boat. Saw another 20 or so caught and we weren't there very long. This weekend should be very good. The fish were small. Orange Vibrex or roe rig.

fished ship creek sunday at high tide also. Saw several roll and the guy next to me had one on for a second or two then it came off. saw three small under 20" fish pulled in