Thread: New Table Top Surface

Default New Table Top Surface

Going to be a great table top, chart ready. Going to use deco pose unless someone knows a better thing to do?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That my man is cool!!!

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Default Nice!!

Sweet looking table Pirahna. Don't forget to look up once in a while why your eating.
    BK

Really cool nice job.

That picture is worthless! Mark the secret spots and post it again.

Other than that, though, I dig it!

OOOH... I like that! How'd ya get the chart on there? And what is this deco pose of which you speak?
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

well i took the table and etiched it with muratic acid so it's nice and clean, the spray on 3M contact glue, carefuly pasted it on, now I have added aluminum trim that is 1/8 taller than top of table. Bought clear 2 part epoxy finish coat from craft store. It will cure free of bubbles and 100% clear, get this you use a tourch to make bubbles go away? Called EnviroTex Lite hard as nails. Boy can't wait to get it on the water now. Wooohoooo

Very cool indeed! Thanks for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

I was on another boat with that table decor years ago and it is very useful.

Very cool! I have thought about doing this but my table is bigger than the chart.
    Do you think you will get lost if you hit Cook Inlet?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskapiranha View Post
    well i took the table and etiched it with muratic acid so it's nice and clean, the spray on 3M contact glue, carefuly pasted it on, now I have added aluminum trim that is 1/8 taller than top of table. Bought clear 2 part epoxy finish coat from craft store. It will cure free of bubbles and 100% clear, get this you use a tourch to make bubbles go away? Called EnviroTex Lite hard as nails. Boy can't wait to get it on the water now. Wooohoooo

Sounds great! OBTW, if you haven't used EnviroTex Lite, do a small "test run" with it on some other surface first. Sometimes it can take a long time to cure, and may end up with a sticky surface. It can be a little "finicky" when it comes to temperature and humidity. I'd hate to see all your great work on the table ruined.

Ok turned out excellent. Lessons Learned
    Paper after it has been spray glued down don't like moist air, I let it dry and then put it on the porch where the map absorbed moisture and wanted to winkle. Lucky it pressed back down.
    Figure out your trim, I got luck finding a aluminum trim in the flooring section at Lowe's that was a little over 1/8" wider than my table. Got to have that edge up.
    Enviro Tex Lite said to coat paper with white glue, bad idea, wrinkled paper, set up a test chunk. Wolf is right picky stuff too, make sure room is warm, (over 70) and mix way more than you'll need and let it drip over your taped off trim edgeing. I got a couple spots where it shallower.
    Over all once it cured over night and was hard as a wedding, I mean nails, it perfect.Attachment 48514