Thread: talkeetna river is it open?

Default talkeetna river is it open?

planning on taking the jetboat up the river this coming weekend, will be bringing a chainsaw to help along the way if there is any ice bridges that need to be taken out. anyone have any updates on the river and amount of water flowing?

It is in spots! The real question is the boat launch open? I can run up and down the river way before I can get into and out of the, (public) boat launch.

Near where the Sheep and Talkeetna meet It's deep enough, but I havn't been too far up or down river from there.

right on man thanks for the info. my place is at Larson creek so i will be trying to make it up there, i called mahays and they said too early, but they aren't the sharpest bunch. anyways take care hope to see ya out there soon!

check this site out. it is the flow meter that looks to be about a mile below clear creek.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...afc&gage=trta2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

I overflew the Talkeetna River WED the 20th looking all over for bears. The river was just beginning to open up. I did not however look anywhere near Talkeetna boat launch. Landed on both Larson and Sockeye lakes and both were still hard, no overflow. Week old info...sorry.

Might want to listen to Mayahs.

checked out the boat launch in person today, is do-able if you have a phantom or sjx, but im rocking a 19' almar with a 150 outboard, kinda heavy, would have to push it all the way down to the bridge, in order to get it up on step. need another 6 inches and it would be gravy. 4-wheeled into larson and at the mouth of the creek, the river is open and flowing, plenty of water, might have to wait another week.. should of taken a sled, coming out the snow had turned to mush and it was a winch-fest back to the trailhead. lots of black bears around katie lake if your looking for one, most of them on the north side of the river are pretty small. party on.

I overflew the Talkeetna river Thursday about 0800Hrs just below Clear Creek, it is open but WAY shallow.