Thread: New 20 gauge.....great deal.

Default New 20 gauge.....great deal.

I didnít anticipate buying a new O/U yesterday, but I did. I'm just throwing this out there for those that are interested. Franchi (owned by Benelli, made in Italy) has good rebates some of their guns right now. My buddy and I each bought Franchi Renaissance Field 20 gauge O/U's at Sportsmanís. I shot it yesterday, and am happy so far. It's a beautiful gun, and only weighs 5.8 pounds. It should be a great, light weight gun, to carry up and down the hills over the next many years. I'm mostly bringing this up, because of the deal we ended up with. The gun has an MSRP of around $1700. Sportsman normally sells them at $1499 (bulk deal for authorized dealers). They recently marked them down to $1099. The Renaissance models have a $200 rebate....sooo long story short......you get a $1700 (msrp) O/U for $900. Do the math, at a minimum it's a $600 savings (up to an $800 savings). Sportsmanís in Fairbanks has no 20's left (cause my buddy and I got them), and are not sure when they are getting more. They do however have 2 or 3 12's left. I do not work for Sportsmanís; I just thought it would be good info to pass along to anyone looking for a new O/U. Itís a super nice, well made gun, for a great price (IMO). They didnít even know about the rebate at Sportsmanís, my buddy found it on Franchiís website.

Congrats! Any pics???
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

That's a score! If I wasn't long on 20's I'd definitely pick one up. Might do it anyway. I know a couple of serious upland hunters who rave about the Renaissance Field.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    That's a score! If I wasn't long on 20's I'd definitely pick one up. Might do it anyway. I know a couple of serious upland hunters who rave about the Renaissance Field.
    They make them in 12 gauge also!

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    Congrats! Any pics???
    I'll post a pic or two when I get home tonight.

Good deal Ryan, Paxson will feel much better with you hunting over him with a double gun!

Quote Originally Posted by sameyer View Post
    Good deal Ryan, Paxson will feel much better with you hunting over him with a double gun!
    I like to think so!!!!!!!