Thread: Need an aluminum welder

Default Need an aluminum welder

The bench seats on my Thunderjet are connected to a tunnel that runs underneath the front suspension seats. You can't remove one seat without removing the other.
    The benches have to come out when we go hunting so I need to have the tunnel cut off the bench and a piece welded in place and then the same thing for the piece that is under the front seats.

Any recommendations on who to take this to? I heard good things about Silver streak in Anchorage and he did make me new seats for a previous boat and they turned out fantastic. But I never had any welding done by him, or anyone else for that matter.
    Tennessee

Hi Randy,

I've had great service from Gary out at Greatland Welding on the Palmer-Wasilla Hwy. He has done a couple different projects on my boat and I'm very happy with the results. Your biggest problem is you are hitting the time of year when everyone has a project to be worked on and the waiting list may be kinda long. I'd still have Gary do any of my work regardless of the wait.

I usually take on jobs like this but I am too busy to work on snows stuff right now maybe in september after moose season
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

I hate this about my Tjet also... How do you haul a big load if you can't take the seats out?

I hear that frontier fabrication in the valley is top notch. the are a sponser her also

Made a trip out to Greatland today and dropped off one seat mount. Price seemed reasonable and it will take 3-4 weeks. Once they finish will decide if I want them to do the second seat mount and another project I have in the back of my mind as well.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by happytobeinAK View Post
    Hi Randy,

I've had great service from Gary out at Greatland Welding on the Palmer-Wasilla Hwy. He has done a couple different projects on my boat and I'm very happy with the results. Your biggest problem is you are hitting the time of year when everyone has a project to be worked on and the waiting list may be kinda long. I'd still have Gary do any of my work regardless of the wait.
    a friend of mine suggest Greatland Welding as well. He is very good with boats

Jason Neyman
    AlumiNeyman Welding and Fabrication llc.
    715-2007

jason where are you located out here?
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Couldnt be happier with the service and quality of work. Dropped off the first seat mount and it did take them awhile to finish. But then dropped off the second and they had it done in one day!
    Very high quality work at a decent price. Plan to drop off my boat in a week or two to have the front center door modified with a grab handle and some diamond plate to stiffen it up.
    Thumbs up for Greatland.

Here is a before and after picture. Had the three lips added around the base to give me more anchoring points to attach to the aluminum floor. (The port and star board sides of the TJ floors are aluminum, the center floor piece is wood). I used self tapping screws to hold the seat mount in place on the aluminum portion. It seems to be very sturdy and should hold. Could of went over board and had the front base painted but not my style
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tennessee