Thread: Anchorage/Mat Su area Picnic Retriever Hunt Test

Default Anchorage/Mat Su area Picnic Retriever Hunt Test

The Alaska Working Retriever Club (AWRC) and the Retriever Club of Alaska (RCA)
    Cordially invite all retriever enthusiasts to attend our 2011 Family-Friendly
    AKC Unsanctioned Picnic Hunt Test Event
    When: May 1, 2011
    Short Annual Meeting and Pre-registration
    beginning @ 8:00 AM
    Picnic Hunt Tests beginning @ 9:00 AM
    Where: Rebarcheck Field/Alaska State Fairgrounds
    BBQ Potluck after event; please bring something to share
    South Dakota Pheasant Hunt Raffle for two: Only 100 tickets to be sold
    Drawing will take place at the event
    For raffle tickets please contact Betsy McCracken at browndogs@gci.netOpportunity for dogs to run AKC Junior, Senior and Master level tests
    Beginners and Novices are welcome! Come witness the work that retrievers were bred to do!
    For more information please contact Kelli Toth at alaskalabs@gmail.com or Doug Anderson at draanc@gci.ne

thttp://www.alaskaworkingretriever.com/ http://www.retrieverclubofalaska.com/

Come on out, it should be a fun day!

Hope you have a good turnout, Howard, and wish I could be there!

For those of you interested in hunt tests, but not sure what they are or what's involved, this is a GREAT opportunity to find out. I went to the first picnic trial (first retriever event of any kind & just to watch) on Mother's Day, 1989 in Fairbanks. Well-trained dogs to young pups, but super people.

Time to get them doggies tuned up. These picnic test are always lots of fun.
    Wish I could be there.

Howard, is the club having elections for officers at the * am meeting, if so, is there anybody different running? Bud

I think so Bud but truthfully I haven't paid attention. I'm pretty sure the AWRC needs a treasurer and a new president. But I don't know who they arm twisted to run.

Thought I'd remind everybody that the retriever picnic hunt test is tomorrow morning.

Please come.

I was wondering if anybody could give me directions on how to get to Rebarcheck Field from Anchorage. Thanks.

I've never had my pup in any hunt test so I may have to check it out. FSHSLYR- Just go north and veer to the right towards Palmer. You will see signs for the fair grounds on the right.

N on Glenn
    Take the Palmer exit
    Alaska State Fairgrounds has a digital sign turn right at the sign
    The club should have a sign up as well
    proceed to the far side of a gravel lot
    the field is behind a row of trees
    You will see lots of cars parked along the treeline on the far side of the gravel lot

I wish I could post a map but I'm not sure how.

The field is at the Palmer Fair grounds. Go north out of Anchorage towards Wasilla and Palmer. At the Parks Hiway go right towards Palmer. About two miles on the Anchorage side of Palmer are the State Fairgrounds on the right side of the hiway. Turn into the fairgounds. Drive past the truck driver's training grounds. There will be a mowed hayfield straight ahead of you, that's it. Kind of like an extension to the fairgrounds parking lot. Matter of fact it is overflow parking for the state fair.

I just wanted to say thanks to The Alaska Working Retriever Club (AWRC) for a very good event. I met a lot of nice people and Nitro had a blast. The hardest part was waiting for our turn. Nitro didn't understand why he heard gun shots and birds were falling and he couldn't go get every one.
    Thanks AWRC