Thread: Be advised

Default Be advised

I just got my Wallas stove back from the repair shop at Scan Marine in Seattle. It's fuel pump was shot and it had other problems. I was told it was suffering from blow back from the wind blowing into the exhaust pipe. They sugested that I install a clam shell cover over the exhaust. Let my $500 of pain be a lesson to us all. Cover that exhaust.
    Safe boating to all of my Glacier Craft brothers and sisters. See you on the water.

Do you have a link to the clam shell you used? I wonder if we should have one for our Espar and oven as well. Thanks for the heads up.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Do you have a link to the clam shell you used? I wonder if we should have one for our Espar and oven as well. Thanks for the heads up.
    You think!!!!!! Sorry, you might check to see if your fuel tanks and the area is vented properly per CC reg.

May I make a suggestion; pumps draw a lot of current (amps). If you do not have the proper size wire going to the pump you could burn it up again. GC is known for not using the proper size wire. There two ways to determine the proper size, if you know the length of the power wires (2) and the current draw the wire size can be calculated. Or you could measure the voltage drop @ the pump under load.

As long as we are on the subject of problems with electric motors and too small of wire does your anchor winch load down when pulling? There is never a problem with using too large of wire except cost.

In stead of having several threads on problems and solution would a single threads be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    You think!!!!!! Sorry, you might check to see if your fuel tanks and the area is vented properly per CC reg.

May I make a suggestion; pumps draw a lot of current (amps). If you do not have the proper size wire going to the pump you could burn it up again. GC is known for not using the proper size wire. There two ways to determine the proper size, if you know the length of the power wires (2) and the current draw the wire size can be calculated. Or you could measure the voltage drop @ the pump under load.

As long as we are on the subject of problems with electric motors and too small of wire does your anchor winch load down when pulling? There is never a problem with using too large of wire except cost.

In stead of having several threads on problems and solution would a single threads be better?
    I have not had a single problem with my heater or wallas products. The OP did. "You think!"***?

Spoiled one:

I apologize for my comment, I am deathly afraid of CO2 and not having the proper ventilation on a boat can be deadly. That is no reason for my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    Spoiled one:

I apologize for my comment, I am deathly afraid of CO2 and not having the proper ventilation on a boat can be deadly. That is no reason for my comment.
    No worries. I am wound a bit tight right now. I did not mean to snap at you, either. I have a CO detector, but not a CO2 detector.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    No worries. I am wound a bit tight right now. I did not mean to snap at you, either. I have a CO detector, but not a CO2 detector.

Cheers!
    You guys don't make me get on a plane , Fly up there and Drink all your beer and make you call me Poppa Clause. I will also bring my Blood Pressure Meds to share with y'all.

Boats in the water soon and it's FISH ON DUDES .

Gents & ladies,
    Polar Wire in Anch is a servicing cntr {sales, waranty wrk, etc} for Wallas products now.

Quote Originally Posted by smokumreds View Post
    I just got my Wallas stove back from the repair shop at Scan Marine in Seattle. It's fuel pump was shot and it had other problems. I was told it was suffering from blow back from the wind blowing into the exhaust pipe. They sugested that I install a clam shell cover over the exhaust. Let my $500 of pain be a lesson to us all. Cover that exhaust.
    Safe boating to all of my Glacier Craft brothers and sisters. See you on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidless View Post
    Gents & ladies,
    Polar Wire in Anch is a servicing cntr {sales, waranty wrk, etc} for Wallas products now.
    Good to know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidless View Post
    Gents & ladies,
    Good news!!
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

I wish I had known that last month, I could have saved $140 in shipping. I have not found a clamshell yet Pete but am looking and yes I will put one on the Espar also. Running east and west acrost the gulf I take a lot of side wind. Its not a problem on anchor.

I was in West Marine on Wednesday, and they had several clamshells that seemed like they might work, depending on the size of your exhaust. I didn't measure them, but you might take a look.