Thread: WOOHOO, let the games begin.....

Default WOOHOO, let the games begin.....

Might we see a new segment war?
    Is Bombardier going to jump in as well, with a pure sport SxS?
    Where the heck is Yamaha?
    Is the RZR's reign over?

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article...--16-in-Travel

I seem to remember the same hoopla when the Thunderkitty came out.... Bwhahahahahahaaaa!!!!!

Pay attention, after the Thundercat release, both Bombardier and Polaris released large displacement 4x ATV's that were geared to the utility/performance market. Sadly both missed the mark IMO, although the Renegade is a very cool ride, it is purely a performance 4x, not a X-over, and shouldn't be in the same class for comparison. Yamaha and Honda never even showed up.
    Polaris (to date) has owned the performance UTV market with the RZR series, until now.
    Any questions....lol .

Glad to see they are offering a chassis that might be able to handle their 1000 engine. The current Prowler 1000 is a mess with that motor. Way too much power for the Prowler setup. I've ridden in one driven by my local cat dealer and it's insane.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I agree, I think the 700 in the Prowler chassis is more than enough, the 1000 is too much for that chassis.

Default Timeline confusion

Quote Originally Posted by 2dawgs View Post
    Pay attention, after the Thundercat release, both Bombardier and Polaris released large displacement 4x ATV's that were geared to the utility/performance market. Sadly both missed the mark IMO, although the Renegade is a very cool ride, it is purely a performance 4x, not a X-over, and shouldn't be in the same class for comparison. Yamaha and Honda never even showed up.
    Polaris (to date) has owned the performance UTV market with the RZR series, until now.
    Any questions....lol .
    Bombardier had the 800 out long before the thundercat came out. The thundercats sold like Pontiac Aztecs for a reason. Thundercats came out directly to try to take marketshare from Polaris and Can-Am. Didn't happen. The shopping cart build quality and the handling of the things is abominable, hence the sales figures and lack of market share. I do hope their big green monster is a better attempt is all I'm saying.

Default HAHA bench racin is fun......

I guess maybe I need to pay attention...Can-am 800 outlander in 06, and polaris 800 sportsman in 07, KING thundercat in 08 . Which is what I have... I'm not sure what you mean about "Shopping Kart". Unless ya mean about the tank slap at 70+ MPH?It's funny cause my old rece quad could barely even reach that speed. Ya, that can get a bit unnerving. Simple fix is a steering stabilizer. Have you ridden a Thundercat? I've been runnin this machine since it was new, never had a break down, warranty issue or anything. The group I ride with is a bunch of former quad racers (not that thats so impressive), we all ran the 250R's (both 3 and 4 wheelers) back in the day, then the 450's, now we're old and have the 4x's but still think we're 18. So its always a race of some sort, and the two brand X's have yet to school the mighty T-cat. Maybe we should do a mid week reka ride Sir, 70 mi loop, last one to the truck buy's the sodie pops..... I know ya won't do it though, rally through eureka, cause that outlander won't keep up...

Default Testament

2dawgs, I'd say it's more of a testament to your riding skills and maintenance capabilities more than the machine's capabilities.

I'd offer this for reading: http://forum.highlifter.com/tm.aspx?m=3909766 because I've never ridden the Tcat, just kept up with it since it's release and known a few riders. The writer of the article on that link has more time on varying machines than almost anyone alive, his word on machines is golden.

Seriously, we should ride. PM me, we'll stay in touch. Schedules are hard to match but we'll git'er'done. Sounds like we'd be compatible! It's hard to find folks that ride at the same speed and level. (some too fast, some too slow) It makes for a long day when you're sitting and waiting for the Hondas to show up.

We do have an epoch Eureka ride in the works. I've got a friend who has to spread his dad's ashes way back in the bush. Not a fun or speed ride, but a really long one requiring carrying extra fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dawgs View Post
    Is the RZR's reign over?

Not while I'm still at the wheel of one!

-J

Default I should have waited to buy.......

Seriously though, that Cat looks bad-***. I look forward to some impromptu races this year against the new RZR XP, the CAN-AM, and maybe some T-cats. We'll see just how bad my "ol' beater" RZR gets smoked. I'm predicting I will get left-behind in a drag race, but I should be able to keep them in sight racing back to the trucks. I only say that because I have THE WORST case of lead-foot disease ever known to mankind, my right wrist is stuck cocked in the W.O.T. position, and my throttle-thumb looks like this!

When in doubt, wind it out!
    -J

HAHA, good post, I had a chance to drive a RZR XP over the week and all I have to say is WOW, Cats got its work cut out. I can't wait to try out a Wildcat on the trails.

I watched one (XP) bangin' through the ditch on the side of Church Rd. yesterday, very impressive. I was jealous because from the looks of the machine (mud) he had been up Baldy, and I want to be up there bad! Most definitely my favorite place to sit and watch the world go by, maybe next weekend!
    -J