Thread: History Channel is Now Casting Top Shot Season 4!

Default History Channel is Now Casting Top Shot Season 4!

The History Channel is now casting skilled marksmen for the fourth season of its hit competition show TOP SHOT. The casting call is included below. If you'd like to post it at your organization/club, include it in a newsletter/email blast, or just pass it on to interested folks, please feel free!

THE HISTORY CHANNEL is seeking SKILLED MARKSMEN for SEASON 4 of its hit competition show.

You’ve seen some of America’s best shooters take on the Top Shot challenge, and now it’s time for YOU to join their ranks.

With production on season 3 gearing up, The History Channel is NOW CASTING SEASON 4 of its electrifying marksmanship competition show. Producers are looking for anyone with unrivaled shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons. If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 on TOP SHOT 4.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught average Joe or Jane. As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s next Top Shot.

Simply email TopShotCasting@gmail.com with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you are America’s next “Top Shot.” If producers want to follow up, they will contact you for more information. If you have questions, please call our casting hotline: 818-478-4570.

Deadline to apply is MAY 20, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by TopShot View Post
    THE HISTORY CHANNEL is seeking SKILLED MARKSMEN for SEASON 4

anyone with unrivaled shooting skills and a big personality
    I do not have enough "big pesonality" to be interesting on TV, not enough D-Bag in my family lineage I guess.

I already signed up hanging out in these forums listening to folks has ballooned my ego and since I consider all alaskans family I have plenty of D-bags family members to qualify.

I am a self taught average Joe and can drink with the best of them. Since the deadline is May 20th I should have plenty of time to get my mullet just right.....

They should develop a show for non shooters. Watching good shooters shoot well is kind of boring after a while. Next season they will be making guys shoot with their toes to make it challenging.

Take some housewife mommy bloggers like Mom-in-a-Million, vegan school teachers, Brady staffers, etc. Give them two weeks of quality instruction and see what comes out. Maybe change their tune about guns.

I would like to see them venture away from so much tactical shooting and set up some hunting type scenarios. Like shooting from field positions, or hitting a charging buffalo.

I think they need to recast the writers and producers. Talk about overcooked ham. I've watched it a couple of times, but had to mute the sound. What pablum. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    I think they need to recast the writers and producers. Talk about overcooked ham. I've watched it a couple of times, but had to mute the sound. What pablum. Sheesh.
    I made it through a show and a half of season one and couldn't take any more.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Yeah. Set up and sounds like either Survivor or Biggest Loser. Couldn't take it any more. No surviving those loser writers.

My kids love the show, so we watch it. I agree, it's not just about shooting when you have to have all the Survivor type crap to go along with it. However, the show also turns out to be a favorite of my very liberal relatives in California so it's serving a good purpose in painting firearms in a postitive light. The guy who won it last night was an unlikely winner... a non-professional, good old boy, recreational shooter just like the rest of us. Says he's going to use his $100,000 in winnings to help send his kids to college.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I'm bettin Murphy could win that thing if he didn't have to throw a hatchet......I'm bettin I could win that thing if all I had to do was throw a hatchet.

I think that when we were kids shooting our 22s our imaginations came up with better shooting challenges than what the producers of that show come up with.

I am glad that it was a good ole boy, jack of all trades shooter that won it!

I'm screwed far as watching it though if they put it on opposite of "The Biggest Looser". For some reason my 110 lb wife likes to watch fat people bawl!

I wonder what some Alaskan Natives could do with that show... Some pretty ****ed good crack shots out in the bush...

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    I wonder what some Alaskan Natives could do with that show... Some pretty ****ed good crack shots out in the bush...
    I think your 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I think that when we were kids shooting our 22s our imaginations came up with better shooting challenges than what the producers of that show come up with.
    Shooting the heads off grasshoppers would be frowned about in some circles.

As would shooting bull frogs in the eye since that was the only thing sticking up above the water in the canal. They would have to have a challenge shoot to pick the one that does all the frog retrieving and skinning for the leg fry later that night.

Hand tossed dirt clods with the .22 revolver. No CCI snake shot cheating either. Man that was a of a lot of ammo sent into the air, but so much fun.

Shooting the twig a magpie was sitting on was a good time as well. Usually only had one chance at it.

"Pick the spot on the rock" or "pick the rock on the bank" was a good challenge to see how well you could communicate the target location to the shooter. Of course looking back on it now shooting rocks even at 50 yards with a .22 might not have been such a good idea.

Growing up in the open desert had its merits when it came to plinking.

No optics allowed. Maybe a peep sight on the distance work.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    Shooting the heads off grasshoppers would be frowned about in some circles.
    Ray! You could shoot the head off a grasshopper? Man, I had to shoot them in the big part!

We didn't have any CCI Snake Shot when I was a kid, just those crimped bird shot and I bet I killed a bushel basket full if dragon flies with those things!

We hit a few heads out of hundreds of attempts. A few bodies as well. Mostly air though. I was not allowed to have a BB gun so I had to use a real gun. We also looked for the really big hoppers.

I was using my first rifle most the time. A winchester 1904 single shot my dad pulled out of a parts barrel at a gunshop in 1968. The most accurate rifle I own.

When I was getting my hunters ed cert at 11yo through 4H we shot small more NRA target for the county fair. I was using my 1904 with open sights. The kids up the coast in Gold Beach were using an actual german made target rifle with all kinds of sights on it. Their whole group used the same gun to shoot the competition entry target. Only two of them scored higher than me with my little squirrel killer. I have never shot so much in one summer ever again. I was still not as good as my dad, and I might never be that good of a marksman. My eyes just are not in the same league as his.

As my brother calls the show "soap opera for men" however I like the competitions. Put yourself in their place and tell me you are that good. Have you tried a 500 yard shot let alone a 1000 yard shot? Have you tried a pressure packed shot with an unfammiliar weapon? Can you shoot a pistol as well as you do a bow, rifle, etc... We put others down to make us bigger, but have you been there or done that? Could you? I have tried all weapons, I am not as good as those on the show. I can shoot pretty well with a bow, pistol, rifle, blowgun, but not that good when I am not under pressure. The producers and writers have turned it into a poor reality show, but the shooting? If it is honest it is great shooting!!! Gotta give the shooters kudos in my opinion!
    It is nice to know that there are "ALASKANS" out there, no matter where they live.

I guess my point is that I can see good shooters any time I care to go to the range. Without subjecting myself to lousy writing and endless commercials. It's a whole lot more fun to set up challenging shoots with your friends. And meanwhile no commercials and all the story lines start with "This is no bull...." It's all bull on the show.

I can see it now.... Before long they'll have a team of fat guys trying to lose weight, a team of women trying to date the winner, everyone's boss in disguise and getting voted off the team, as they all race across country for a meeting with The Donald to see who gets kicked off the team. Sounds like a TV dream come true, doesn't it?

I'd get eliminated, and most likely prosecuted for silencing that Colby-cheesetard with a .45 slug just as soon as I got the chance. Someone sure dug deep in the dark corners of the tool shed to find that gas-bag. I would love it if they found a host with something resembling a personality or sense of humor, maybe even someone who knows how to shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by jay51 View Post
    I'd get eliminated, and most likely prosecuted for silencing that Colby-cheesetard with a .45 slug just as soon as I got the chance. Someone sure dug deep in the dark corners of the tool shed to find that gas-bag. I would love it if they found a host with something resembling a personality or sense of humor, maybe even someone who knows how to shoot?
    No kidding! He's harder to watch than all the other foolishness combined.