Thread: Resurrection Trail....?

Default Resurrection Trail....?

I am going to be hiking back on Ressurection trail (from the Hope side) for black bear this spring and have a couple questions. Is the trail good? Would it be pheaseable to use a bike w/trailer to get back there or is it a mountain bike only trail? If we were to talk in is it hard going?

Any/all information on Resurrection trail would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks,

~Jon

Default Resurrection Trail

Its good. I have mountain biked it with a trailer. It is tough to do it that way, of course I have a sh*tty bike. It is a gradual incline going in. I don't think we made much better time with a bike compared to if we had hiked in but it was much quicker coming out of there with a bike. It is an old mine road so it is definately bikeable and its an easy hike. I don't know about the spring conditions though. We were around Cooper Lake the first of May last year and there was a lot of snow and the lake was still frozen; of course last year we had a late break up.

Are you going to hike/bike from Hope to Cooper Landing? Just curious. My buddy and I were going to go from the opposite direction this spring-from Cooper Landing to Hope.

Good Luck,

Tim

Probably hike/bike from Hope to Cooper Landing, either that or (depending on weather/bears) just go back a ways, camp 'n' then come back out the same way. Was the snow deep enough last year that you'd of needed snow shoes?

Thanks,

~Jon