Let me be the first to say, thank you. Nice bruin by the way. Next time you see Charley tell him Greg from Chugiak says hello, say hello to Dewey for me also.
Congratulate your boys on a nice bear. Few things are more enjoyable than sharing those kinds of experiences with the ones we love most..
Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.
Good job, Rabi. Seems like odd griz country. Which way from GAL did you go?
I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
I have less friends now!!
Congrats to all, great job Mr Craig.
"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
Family hunts are the best,congrats
Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you
congrats guys! keep it up!
Release Lake Trout
20 miles north,bear was just off the husila trail,,another about 15 miles north of this one was a small sow,,this one 7ft4 boar,,
I flew out there and back last week for work and never saw a single bear on the ground. I guess we were at about 5000' or so, but it seems like I would have been able to spot something with my binoculars.
As a side note, what geologic feature am I seeing in this picture? I took it out the window last spring on the same route from FBX to GAL. I guess it's probably a little northeast of Ruby but still on the south side of the river...
Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.
"96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
Looks like a nice young bear, Good job on taking it. I see two more fellows in that photo, so thats 2 more bears to go. Have at it guys!
squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat
Martentrapper, we have seen blackies out there, but seems the predominant bear tracks have long claws. All the years I've been moose hunting on the Yukon, the only bear problems were on the Koyukuk and that was with Grizzlies.
Congrats on the boar, did you guys get the sow too?
I've never eaten spring grizzly. Fall bears were a bit too much for my palette. Be interesting to know how he eats.
The family that hunts together stays together. Congrats to you all.
Semper Fi and God Bless