Thread: Can't wait any longer, going to have to get the boat wet tomorrow.

Default Can't wait any longer, going to have to get the boat wet tomorrow.

Impatience is getting the better of me. I found a launch in Fairbanks that looks like I can get the boat in the water. I'll be bringing a shovel and ice chipper just in case though. Hopefully she survived well through the winter and fires up with no problems. If you see me buzzing around the Chena tomorrow around rush hour, make sure to wave.

Bring it down here.... I've already had mine out twice this year and am already looking forward to the next outing!! Good luck on your first launch of the year.
    NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.

Tempting, but the boat has been parked behind the house and I haven't even been able to get to it. I still have a foot of snow back there, but it's melting fast and I shouldn't have a problem getting it out tonight. I look forward to having it paid off. Sure is tough to look at the boat in the back yard for 6 months covered in snow and make those payments to the bank. Got one more winter of that then it's all mine.

Had a fun run on the Chena. Boat started right up like it was ran yesterday. We launched at Pikes and made it up to the new bridge downtown before we got closed in by the ice. A big chunk broke free, so I had to scoot over the top of it (about 40 feet). Well, I didn't have to, but I did anyways. My brother wanted to video me from the bank so I dropped him off and made another run over it. I'll post the video when he gets it to me. We went back down to the Riverboat Discovery area, and there was a large outcropping of ice from the bank. We glided over a 75' section and were losing momentum pretty good towards the end, but slid back into the river. The ice was real smooth getting on and off. I've always wanted to do that. Might have to go back and do it again on the large section to get some video.

Two Rivers, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Might have to go back and do it again on the large section to get some video.
    Let us know when you're gonna do this..... I'll pay to watch!!

I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Cool plan on taking mine out on Monday wih roblenter

Here's a couple of video's from today. I'll post if I get the chance to head back out, but it probably won't happen. Got a lot to do before the end of the month.

Did you get that? Do you want me to do it again? OF COARSE we do video bud

Thanks akdube. That was my 10 year old hollering at me. We picked her up from school yesterday with the boat on the truck and she was all excited.

Was nice to be out on the river again.