Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: compromised draw information!!

Default compromised draw information!!

just got a letter from fish and game that me and my wifes personal information was compromised for the fish and game drawing information...someone got into it or something.
    curious if anyone else got this letter and thoughts on a state program tossin' your personal information all over the world...i'm not real happy about. no free tag either....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Lucky for me the State lost a bunch of retirement system records and now I have 5 years worth of top notch credit monitoring for FREE. They are just as careful with drawing info sounds like.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

The wife and I received the same letters, seems like it was posted with the draw results.

I'm sure everyone will be the recipient of this letter. One each for the wife and I. A one tag choice for any hunt in the next ten years to spread out the impact I think is sufficient apology. I will now start compiling my list and narrowing it down to the top pick.

AZinAK

Got the letters today. Not real impressed that they would allow that information to be posted, but mistakes do happen with new systems.

I would like a little better apology like AZ mentioned. Since it might come in the form of a first come, first serve basis, I'll just chime in now for my DI403 permit. My daughter will probably want the same, so just call it a party permit for both of us and we'll be good.

I'll be watching for Wiki-Leaks to post all your personal info! Gotta love our techy world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Since it might come in the form of a first come, first serve basis, I'll just chime in now for my DI403 permit. My daughter will probably want the same, so just call it a party permit for both of us and we'll be good.
    I'm already on record as being OK with a DS123 tag for my wife and a DS133 tag for me as a settlement. I won't even charge 'em for lawyers fees.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    Lucky for me the State lost a bunch of retirement system records and now I have 5 years worth of top notch credit monitoring for FREE. They are just as careful with drawing info sounds like.
    I'm in that same boat on the retirement thing and just got my letter from ADF&G today.

Want my forgiveness? They can redeem themselves by forking over a Delta bison tag.
    Now what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I'm already on record as being OK with a DS123 tag for my wife and a DS133 tag for me as a settlement. I won't even charge 'em for lawyers fees.
    My lawyer is going for me also getting DS123, the week BEFORE your lovely lady...........Hehehehehehehe She is so going to harvest a dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    Yep! And yes, I got a letter from F & DA! There is no need to post your address on the web. All they need to post is your "hunter ID number" and what permit you won. Bunch of idiots in a circus really. We are in the year, 2011, no?

I'd be more than happy if old Rossi had them tags taken away that he won.

figured i wasnt' alone it all this...seems like a lawsuit could come up from this if someones info gets used in the wrong place...hoped the state would be a little more carefull with something like this...i'm anticipating piles of spam mail now...
    oh and my denali national park moose tag....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Yep, got one too.
    Non-residents included in snafu...
    Proud to be an American!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    just got a letter from fish and game that me and my wifes personal information was compromised for the fish and game drawing information...someone got into it or something.
    curious if anyone else got this letter and thoughts on a state program tossin' your personal information all over the world...i'm not real happy about. no free tag either....
    Just to clarify, they did not say that anyone had "got into it or something". They just said that it was posted online for a short length of time (removed the same day it was posted). They are not sure if anyone downloaded or otherwise took the information.

For good measure they also sent me a letter saying I was ineligible for next years draw because I didn't report on a registration hunt this winter! I DID report it via the website and got a confirmation email to boot...unfortunately we "upgraded" our 'puter to a Mac since I reported and I don't have a golden copy of the email any longer....
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Got mine today, seems it was just drivers license numbers released to the www, or at least that's what the letter I recieved specified as the info released. They don't have our SSN's do they?
    yeah I suppose they do.....

They did send me pre-confirmation for next years, "Kodiak Bear draw of my choice" tho,
    What'd you guys get.....?

Awwww, just kidding
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    They don't have our SSN's do they?
    yeah I suppose they do.....
    The SSN isn't a part of the draw application, so I don't figure that's an issue.

They let out my info and that of my two youngest daughters as well. Got to love this technologically advanced age we live in!

Ah wth guys they did it last yr too released everyones info When they released the draw results, then you guys save the PDF file and post it to the forums for all to see ie address no one complaining then it was published for all to see... They didn't release ssn. You guys kill me sometimes.. What I don't understand why they need to release our addresses that's all. Name and hunting license number would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    For good measure they also sent me a letter saying I was ineligible for next years draw because I didn't report on a registration hunt this winter! I DID report it via the website and got a confirmation email to boot...unfortunately we "upgraded" our 'puter to a Mac since I reported and I don't have a golden copy of the email any longer....
    That sucks! Talked to your wife the other day at the kids Easter Egg Hunt...Sounds like you have some good plans this fall.

Addressing the notification of being drawn or not...has anyone here applied and then checked if they were drawn in Arizona? Their system has you log in using your Hunter ID and birth date. The results come up with the species/hunts you put in for and whether you were successful or not on the draw. Kind of wish they would do that up here...It was weird to me the first year I put in up here with the "you made the team" list... Hopefully nothing comes of this mistake...

AZinAK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast