Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiberglas reproductions. Who??

Default Fiberglas reproductions. Who??

Never had one made but will soon. Any suggestions on who does good work?

Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Don't tease us like that, big boy.

We want pictures of the huge fish you caught last week.

We just had a 50+ pound king done by Blackwater Fish Replicas. Not the cheapest on the block by far, but it's very much a case of you get what you pay for. He painted on every scale by hand--- three layers with different paints to get the right luminescence. The reflections on the scales change as you move around it, just like the live fish. I never saw a skin mount that could touch his work, and I've seen the best. Period. Go to #19 in his gallery for a glimpse of ours. The photo doesn't do it justice, but you can get the idea.

Two days ago. Small hole. First cast. Five foot drift and BAM!! 36" of steel. My first ever. Can't get pics on here with my iPhone. But I got a G smolt pose to share with you soon. At cape fox lodge now. Flying to NC in morning.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

CONGRATS - really need the pic though.
    Is this fish destined to replace the big dolly/char of Dan fame?

My biggest dolly hasn't been caught yet

This steelhead was the fishing experience of a lifetime. Two trips to SE, 15-20 miles of hiking through rain forest, etc... All paid off big time at 1:15pm on Saturday.

Dan

I want to know how the fillets tasted. Nothing like catching a steelhead you can legally keep!

We ate well but no fish.

Good for you Dan! So where you using one of your pins? Look forward to the photos and more of the story.So if you got a 36"er how did Carrie do? 38+?

Yep. Pin. Should have brought my 7 wt fly rods though. Not much current for pinning as water was low. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Two trips to SE, 15-20 miles of hiking, one fish. But that is what made it special. A fish is a fish. However, the pursuit of this fish taught me patience, perseverance, and humility. Walking down to eat now. Halibut and Alaskan Amber. To the victor goes the spoils. Ha ha...

Dan

I recommend Ron Fey, at the Moose Creek Lodge in Soldotna, just google Moose Creek Lodge, all hand painted, and he is a fisherman who knows his stuff. Just send him a Picture and you will have your dream fish in a few months.

I have seen two pics of it and have them saved. Im not gonna post them without dans permission though. Dont want to pee on his parade. It is a nice ass fish
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thanks bud. Crude iPhone pics of the cameras LCD screen that the pic was taken with. Will be home by noon on Wed and will post some pics to do the fish justice. I was so excited I had to show somebody.

Dan

That's Badass Dan! Glad you had a successfull trip, I'm sure there will be many more to come! Can't wait to see the pic as well.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I have 5 fiberglass reproduction done by Catch and Release Taxidermy 382-6808. They are all awesome. 2 steelhead, chum, dolly, and grayling. 4 wall mounts, and one mounted on a rock bed and log. Very nice work.

Dan: Sorry I missed your dates, I was thinking it was next week you were coming thru, my mistake. Hope to catch up with you next time.

BTW, where did you end up going to?

I was going to get up with you till we made travel plans. Tight itinerary around work dates. Would love to meet up next time. In Ketchikan airport now, Seattle, DC, drive to NC, etc.. Then back to work. Coming back in Oct/Nov if all works out. We should break some bread then.

Dan

Sounds good. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
    Dean

Default Boga mount

I don't think I've ever seem a "mount" or a "replica" with a Boga.

**** little people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast