Thread: Turnagain Pass Bridge.......??? Burtha Cr.

Default Turnagain Pass Bridge.......??? Burtha Cr.

Looks like they dropped a pre-fab bridge over Bertha Creek.......Is it a Bike path extention or what..?

It might be part of this..........

Construction of 4 snowmachine bridges in Turnagain Pass has begun!

Central Environmental, Inc. is the contractor for this project. They have plowed an access road to the Upper Granite Creek bridge site, and, with any luck from mother nature, will be bringing out a pre-constructed bridge to this site by the end of February. Access to the Bertha Creek and Lower Granite Creek bridge sites are being built with a dozer pushing snow. The contractor has set up a small camp to store equipment at Lyon Creek Ponds access road, close to the Seward Hwy.

These activities have created snow berms and trenches between Lyon Ponds and Granite Creek that could be obstacles for snowmachiners, especially during flat light or blowing snow conditions. Construction activities will continue through the month of March, depending on the weather.

This project has been funded by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act. It will help provide an easy-moderate skill level ride for snowmachiners in Turnagain Pass, and is part of the Iditarod National Historic Trail. This section of the Iditarod trail will connect Turnagain Pass to Johnson Pass, creating an opportunity for a long-distance ride.

Have fun out there, this looks to be an exciting addition to our trails network!

Jon Gellings
    Chugach NF Avalanche Center

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...cb4426c584feeb

OK, I think you answered that Now what the HELL is: This project has been funded by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act.

Note: I am so glad I do NOT pay taxes. WOW......

The gate was closed when I went through last week or I would have gone down to take a closer look, but it appears they might have destroyed a geocache site and certainly took out a bunch of gold panning area on Bertha creek while installing that bridge.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    OK, I think you answered that Now what the HELL is: This project has been funded by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act.

Note: I am so glad I do NOT pay taxes. WOW......
    ARRA - This is the stimulus funding put out by the Federal Government. The same funding that paid for a good number of highway construction projects the last couple of years.