Thread: Birdseye Satelite inmagery

Default Birdseye Satelite inmagery

I just got a new gps and was thinking of getting the birdseye membership. Has anyone used it? Are the pics just the same as google earth? Thanks, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by rrjfish8 View Post
    I just got a new gps and was thinking of getting the birdseye membership. Has anyone used it? Are the pics just the same as google earth? Thanks, Ryan
    Very similar to GE and the files are huge.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I bought a 62s because of the satellite images. Not as useful as I thought it would be. Like stid2677 said, similar to GE, and some areas not as good.
    I'm selling the 62s and I'll just keep my 60csx.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

I was considering Birdseye for my G 62. Would you please explain the shortcomings of Birdseye a bit more... too slow,poor resolution, difficulty to actually use, etc?? Sounds like the "idea" is better than the product. I like the G 62 but never had the 60 to compare and bought it because lots of aftermarket products/software/maps are available.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 450 ktm View Post
    I was considering Birdseye for my G 62. Would you please explain the shortcomings of Birdseye a bit more... too slow,poor resolution, difficulty to actually use, etc?? Sounds like the "idea" is better than the product. I like the G 62 but never had the 60 to compare and bought it because lots of aftermarket products/software/maps are available.
    Thanks
    Poor resolution is a problem. Viewing the 62s screen in with birdseye image in anything but bright sunlight without the back-light is difficult. And the screen is just too small. Viewing Google earth on a computer at home is one thing, but viewing it on a 1.5x2.25 screen is like looking through your binoculars backwards.
    I bought the 62s so I could use the aerial images, but like you said the idea was better than the product.
    Try loading a couple aerial photo's onto your 62s before buying Birdseye, you might find it more useful than I.
    "The older I get, the better I was."