Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for open water

Default Looking for open water

I am looking for some open water in one of the valley lakes so I can do some test runs with the boat. I am installing an alumaducer transducer and want to be absolutely sure it is in a good location before glueing it in place.
    20' Wooldridge Sport 08' 150hp E-Tec
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

Checked out Finger Lake today, edges are open and the boat launch is starting open up. Couple more warm days and stiff wind should do the trick.

It usually opens up the first week of May, give or take...

Quote Originally Posted by XLSJ View Post
    Checked out Finger Lake today, edges are open and the boat launch is starting open up. Couple more warm days and stiff wind should do the trick.
    I drive by there each day to go to work. It probably needs a week or so, but I do agree it is melting really fast. Perhaps this weekend?

Please let us know when it is open, I need to take my new boat out on the lake and get used to it before I can follow TJM on those rivers...thanx...

How about we bump this thread up. Has anyone been out to finger to check it out in the last 24 hours?

I went out there last night. the launch is still iced up. from the shore line out there is about 10' of open water. Over behind the camp host parking spot there is a larger opening, but nothing i would waste my time with.
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

I ran the Knik, from glenn to old glen, last sunday in my 1875xs. This was my first run in this boat and i have 0 jetboat experience. Very shallow in spots, but i only got stuck once. I will be going out for another run this afternoon. Launch at the glen was a bit steep, but it can be done fairly easily, and the water should start to come up.

just checked finger lake today 4/28/11 1:00 looks like a couple more days and it will be open enough to launch and run might have to do a little ice sliding just for fun

Just stopped by Finger Lake boat launch...there are some islands of open water but a lot more of ice...DOH!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Hewescraft Alaskan 260...

Looks like maybe by Sunday we will have enough water...

I'm going there sunday then.......yipee!!!!

I'm still going to wait until one of our fine "spotters" come back with a thumbs up. At the price of fuel I ain't wastin' a drop until I know it's open...

That is darn close to clearing up, not sure it will be gone by Sunday, but you can bet next weekend it will be wide open.

I'm off to Finger Lake...."fishon"

Be sure to post a report with some pics too. Good luck.

Just got back from finger lake...still pretty icy. Bob the fisher was just pulling his new phantom out if the lake...he was doing a little ice breaking . Looks like there us still a couple more days until it opens all the way up.

Very nice looking boat Bob!
    2016 Hewescraft Alaskan 260...

Thanx man, I heading to Knik now...anybody wana join me. Be there about 230ish...

I was at the knik yesterday, lots of open water, problem is in launching from the old bridge area. Up river side is very shallow, you jets will have problems there, down river is doable but the gravel and sand is too soft, you will get your 4x4 stuck for sure. Don't know about the Glen highway bridge, may be ok launching there. Bud

My Dodge did it..no problem...waters coming up, plenty to run boys...no pix though, forgot to take them...too dam excited to stop and take pictures...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast