Thread: recommendations for king charter in Kenai?

Default recommendations for king charter in Kenai?

I need some recommendations for a good king charter in Kenai in late june.. and who to avoid.

Thanks a lot.

Steve McClure with McLure's Guide Service
    Greg Brush with EZ Limit Guide Service
    Kieth Holtan with Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service
    Adam Reid with Big Reid's Guide Service
    Mike Fenton with Fenton's Guide Service

In general I would stay away from the big lodges. Most of the time it's just a hired hand running the boat who only see's you as $$$$$ and could care a less if you ever came back. The guys above are all independent and want you to enjoy your day because they want you to come back.

All good choices but I bet it would be hard to find a seat with these guys. Good luck and have fun.

Jeff king is who I booked with seemed a little cheaper than the rest and is guide boat #3 which means hes been doing it close to 30 years. Talked and e-mailed him several times and I booked with him for july. Kings affordable charters I think he goes by. Worth a shot to at least talk to. I also talked to Fenton Bros. They didnt have the dates open I wanted to go on as I am looking for a larger king vs. numbers. Good luck to ya

Sent you a pm

Keith is a great guy. You would love fishing with him. He works his tail off to insure you do!

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Keith is a great guy. You would love fishing with him. He works his tail off to insure you do!
    Yea, Keith Holtan is a really nice guy and has some nice cabins on the waters. I know some of his guests at the cabins were shuttled over to the gravel bar accross the way for red fishing in mid July.

I highly recommend Greg Brush (EZ Limit Guide Service). I fished with Greg after attending one of his great seminars at the Sportsman Show and he is top notch. I make sure to catch his seminars every year.

He does every little thing he can to improve your odds.
    He catches big fish on regular basis.
    He passes on his knowledge and makes you a better fisherman.