Thread: How many stations are registered each year......?

Default How many stations are registered each year......?

Anyone know how many bear bait stations are registered each year, on avarage......?

Be more interested to know how many stands are NOT registered.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Be more interested to know how many stands are NOT registered.
    Yes. I figure (and it is only a guess) that for every 100 registered, that there are 20 to 30 unregistered.

I'll bet you aren't too far off.

I looked on ADF&G but they did not have a number of stands, just a number of hunters, for black bear each spring. The majority of which based on the units I would assume were bait stations.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Every moose hunter I know has Black bear tags "just in case" so I bet the number of bait stations is much lower than the number of hunters.

I looked on ADF&G but they did not have a number of stands, just a number of hunters, for black bear each spring. The majority of which based on the units I would assume were bait stations.

Quote Originally Posted by granby45 View Post
    Every moose hunter I know has Black bear tags "just in case" so I bet the number of bait stations is much lower than the number of hunters.
    I'm talking about spring not fall.

I'm talking about spring not fall.
    Aren't the same tags that people get in the fall still valid for the following spring? I know mine is. I have it just in case I run into one while out hunting moose/caribou in the fall, but I probably still am included in the "list" of people who have black bear tags this spring. I'm sure there are a lot of others in the same situation.