Thread: Parks Highway?

Default Parks Highway?

Just wondering if anything up that way is fishable yet. I got the bug! Can't wait to get up there and get some bows and grayling. It's a lot of diesel to drive up there and have everything still be frozen though.

Thanks!

Heard Willow had a few seams open but not really fishable yet. I imagine streams further north are still locked up. It won't be long though. Soon after they open up though they get inundated with melt water and turn into chocolate milk. Montana seems to stay a little more clear than the others, however. Head to Cooper Landing or the Kasilof if you have the itch. Trout and steelhead are on.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Thanks Raptor. I have a buddy down at the tackle repair shop on Arctic wrapping a noodling rod for me as we speak. Can't wait to try it out. I've also considered picking up a switch rod. If you want to send me an e-mail next time you go down maybe we can carpool and save some gas $. I also have a 16 foot Avon raft with a row frame. Plenty of room on that sucker if you wanna float sometime.

I'm down to go fishing anytime as long as work doesn't get in the way. Might be headed down for some more steel next week
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Raptor: I'll be good to go after next week. I am going to have to stay out in the woods and play army for the next 8 days or so. After that, work should lighten up a bit. I'll send you a friend request.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    I'm down to go fishing anytime as long as work doesn't get in the way. Might be headed down for some more steel next week
    Wait! you're heading to the Kasilof for some steelhead? Dang I wish I was in the loop!

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Fullbush: How many people will your table-boat seat? I'll trade you some rafting trips for some table-boat dipnetting on the lower Kenai