Thread: hydraulic engine lift to swap out from jets to a prop?

If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/64561-...out-gauge.html
    http://www.wmjmarine.com/87-3351.html
    Something like these? trouble is they move about 5in. And if i rememeber right, going to need about 6in, Maybe somebody else jump correct me if i,m wrong.Been long time since i messed with.

hi hello,lifts work fine,on the short lift ones just cheat it 1 to 2 inches when you mount the motor to the lift,,in other works bolt the motor an inch or 2 high on the lift no problems

“Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

I have the Flat Jac power lift. Save gas and run faster with the prop until the water gets shallow.... then swap over to the jet. I like being able to play with the power lift when running with different loads as well. If you're looking to have the option to change back and forth, a power lift is the only way to go....

Are you asking about a permanant hydrulic lift like a jacking plate? or a engine hoist to pick the engine off the boat to change lower units?

If it is the engine hoist then email me
    alaskanmutt@gmail.com I got one here in Anchorage you can borrow.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

I'm wanting to buy a jet for either my F150 or the F90, both do well with props in respective boats. But there's a couple trips I'd like to make in my area that would be better with a jet unit and a 5-6" lift would suffice? Buddy of mine told me 7" is needed in that situation...
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

I just sent back the manual version of that CMC lift. On a 20" transom, when the lift is down in prop mode, I couldnt tilt the motor more than a few degrees without the tiller arm mount hitting the top of the transom. Maybe the 4'' setback unit would be better but you have to be able to tilt.

Quote Originally Posted by MARV1 View Post
    I'm wanting to buy a jet for either my F150 or the F90, both do well with props in respective boats. But there's a couple trips I'd like to make in my area that would be better with a jet unit and a 5-6" lift would suffice? Buddy of mine told me 7" is needed in that situation...
    The power trans lift has slightly over 7" of travel, I use most of it at times, you could probably get away with less travel if you get the lift mounted in the exact spot for both applications. Sounds ez enough but, diffrent conditions (load, waves, etc) will require diffrent setting on trim and motor height. It sure is nice ti have that much control over the "attitude" of the motor. The PT is not hydraulic so does not require fluid and or seals to keep the fluid in.

It is built with a 12V motor and a jack screw, hasnt failed me yet....! I think if it failed it at least wouldnt creep down, I suspect a hydraulic type would in the event of a leak of failure..............?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR