Thread: Starting to get my barrel(s) ready to place out there tomorrow

Default Starting to get my barrel(s) ready to place out there tomorrow

Well got my barrels ready to go (thanks again yoda and Alaskanoutdoorsman you guys are TOP NOTCH!).

So today I started to make my base coat for the bottom of the barrel (so to speak) did a candy base with mallow's, cookies, ding dongs and some unmelted cookies. Getting ready to pop my corn in a few moments but wanted to share what it feels like to literally be the "bottom of the barrel".

Hope the weather isnt too crappy tomorrow so I can get the site up and running.

btw this mixture is VERY VERY sticky I am going this route in case the bears clean me out I will have extra snacks they will have to fight for to get out.

Well got 30lbs of unpopped popcorn to get busy on lol.

and the ultra corn combo (small amount of anise, tropical kool-aid, blueberry syrup candied popcorn)

Looking good man - good luck setting your bait tomorrow.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Looks awesome if you head up north to set up let me know a snow update. Did you pop that corn with a kettle corn maker?

Im liking you marshmallows mix.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Hunter, I popped the corn with a 5 gallon pot on my kitchen stove (LOL), took a bit of trial and error but worked out well. If I end up getting up to my point I will most def. post up a snow level thread. I am not looking forward to the trek in though as the route to my station is all off the snow pack (over 1/2 mile in untouched snow that was 2-3 ft deep a week ago).

Fox - let me know if you need to borrow a deep fryer; it's quicker and will save you time. I'll be making popcorn today in the garage.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I may just take you up on that.. I managed to pop about a qtr barrel last night until 2am but man it wasnt my idea of fun lol and the house smells like the cinemax lol

Looks good Ill be pepping on sunday again want to make sure I have more than enough

yah I might have a line on some sweets and pastries for free.

You messed up big time!!! You used reduced calorie syrup. Hows that going to fatten a bear!!!! LOL

Looks good. I like your thinking with the sticky sweet stuff on the bottom. Good Luck

Yah I would hate to piss off some PETA people for using FULL CAL syrup... then I would be "not watching out for the bears by setting up a unhealthy buffet bait station"... I can see it now HAHAHA.