Thread: Non-Residents and Guides

Default Non-Residents and Guides

OK, I have a question. And I'm not trying to stir the pot.
    I looked in the Regulations and can't find my answer, maybe I just overlooked it, but here goes.
    For Non-Residents hunting in Alaska for species that require a Guide, can they hunt without a Guide for said species, if they hunt on Native Lands (assuming they have written permission)?
    How about Corporate Lands with permission?
    And Private Lands with permission?

Thanks.
    Jeff

No ..

No, as the state regulations still apply to private lands.

In general, the "private" lands can be more restrictive on what is allowed, but not less restrictive. Bascially, they can add more limitations but can't allow things to happen that are not allowed under the statewide regulations. The state may require that you have a guide to hunt bear, but the native group or private owner may also additionally require that you be of a certain background or hunt within a more limited timeframe overall.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    No ..
    What he said....
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Hi
    I'have some questions.I'am a non resident hunter in Alaska and if I want shoot a Moose Bull.How much does it for me?How much does the tag,licence,guied etc.?Can I hunt with somebody who has Ak hunting experience or just with an official guied?What are the general regulations?Sorry my poor English.
    Thanks
    HunagrianHunter

Hungarian Hunter, Since you are a nonresident and an alien, the rules are a little different. A non-resident alien tags are a little more expensive, moose is $500.00, balck bear $300.00, caribou $425.00 as examples. You would also have to buy a alien big game hunting license which is an additional $300.00. Non-resident aliens hunting ANY big game in alaska must be accompanied by an Alaska licensed guide. So a moose would cost $300.00 for the big game license and $500.00 for the tag for a total of $800.00. The official guide cost will vary, depending on the guide and location. I hope this helps to answer your questions. Good luck.

Hi.
    Thanks your answer.As far as Moose hunt concerning I saw the follows:"Moose hunt 11 days 16500$".This price is a litle bit expensive for me.
    But I think this price including lot of things,maybe evrything.What do you think this price?The moose hunt "expedititon" is really so expensive? I plan my moose hunt in Alaska.Alaska is the most exciting place in the world,for me. I think My moose bull Will born next year.
    Thanks
    Hungarian Hunter

For me personally, I think 16,500 is a little high for moose. Go here: http://outdoorsdirectory.com/directory/huntgide.htm and start looking. You may find some cheaper. If you find one, search this forum for any comments. The price usually includes everything you need aat camp except personal clothes, sleeping bag, license, weapon. some will include the flight out to the camp, others do not. Getting themeat back to town may or may not be included. You really have to look at whaat is or is not included. It does not include costs before or after the hunt such as hotels and meals in town.