Thread: Lower Skilak and Middle Kenai Floatable?

Default Lower Skilak and Middle Kenai Floatable?

I was hoping to put in at lower skilak this weekend and float the middle. Is this possible right now? Is skilak clear of ice?

guys are walking around the edge in mostly open water.
    take out at Bings landing is good.
    some guys even driving jet boats up river from Bings
    I was there today and every day for the past few weeks doing shuttle services and the river had 4 or 5 boaters using this section of river.

Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Looking to hit lower Skilak this weekend, does anybody know if this is clear of ice yet?

We had some pretty hard wind yesterday, so I am suspecting its mostly gone.
    We have had lots of folks the past few weeks go around the edge in the open water, so it has been open to float , but the lake itself had ice on it. You should be good to go.
    Keep me posted about your trip and I may drive up tomorrow to look it over to make sure.
    Thanks
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Ended up going from Sportsmans to Jims. Nice little float to test my new raft on. One really nasty spiked sweeper on the left about halfway down....probably old news to some of you just fyi. Beautiful day. Thanks Max.