Thread: Where is the best dog food price in FAI and ANC

Default Where is the best dog food price in FAI and ANC

I know you guys been out shopping. Normally in Fairbanks I head to Wally World. In the past they had cheaper food than even Sam's. I like the Old Roy Plastic bags cause they hold up better, but still normally go for what is cheap.

What price per pound are you seeing? I don't care if I buy 30lb or 50lb bags, just care that I can save a buck, especially important this year when I'll need more than a buck to off set the increase in gas prices.

I'll be in ANC May 4 through the weekend (we are having an estate "man" sale over the weekend) and if prices are cheaper there I'll bring back a truck load.

Come on guys, let's here where you are buying, what kind/style, size of bag, and price per pound.
    ARR

Sam's Club, Atta Boy is pretty inexpensive...

Usually Fred Meyers Value dog food is about $12-13 per 50lb. Cheapest dog food I've ever seen in town.

I thought I saw dog food at Fred Meyers in Anchorage for $9 or $10 per 50lb bag last week. My dogs eat specialty food so I didn't pay much attention.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I'm assuming you guys are giving me ANC prices. I've never compared store to store prices in FAI and ANC so not sure if I'd find the same prices here at Sam's to be the same as in ANC for instance. AK OutDoorsman, if you found food that cheap for a 50lb bag that is probably the deal of the spring. 50lb @ $10 = .20/lb.
    Used to be the guys buying at the BX said food was cheaper there. Not sure if that is still true or not.
    Isnt' AttaBoy a yellow bag w/ blue writing? I think that is what I was buying at Wally World. Hard to believe that WW is cheaper than Sam's even though one owns the other.

Yes sir, I referenced Anchorage. I didn't even bat an eye cause I don't bait with dog food and already have a garage stocked for bait season (my wife reminds me all the time). Have you looked into COB? You normally can get it cheap at Wally World and different feed stores but I know it's a different in FBKS - everythings more expensive. Paying what you guys are for fuel oil and gas I'd be running nothing but popcorn up there.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I've fed other stuff off and on over the years, and when I weigh all the factors dog food seems to be a good choice. I know some guys that have fed COB with mixed results, including my own. Granted, not a scientific experiment mind you. My partner likes dog food too, so we'll stick with that for now. Don't get me wrong, if I had access to free donuts and bread stuff like we did 20 years ago I would not pay a nickel for dog food. That was fun, 10 donuts for the bears, one for me.
    I'll check out Fairbanks prices before I head to Anchorage. If I can save money on food down there, no sense in driving back empty. And hey, if your wife does not have room in the garage, I can help her out!
    Anybody else finding dog food at .20lb or less?