Thread: Action Marine?

Default Action Marine?

I have an electrical problem on a 50 HP Honda. I don't want to take it to AMD. Action Marine says they work on Honda's. Has anybody used them that would like to share there experience? I've had good luck with Ron's Honda in Soldotna, but I don't really want to go that far.

Two questions what is your problem, and do you have a repair manual?

I don't have a repair manual. It's blowing fuses, and the problem seems to involve the tilt switch. I haven't tried to figure it out myself yet, but it's on the list. It had its problems dip-netting the Kenai last year, and it happened to my Son, so I'm a bit in the dark. Son is out at a remote radar site. (Sparrevohn) My thoughts at this point is a short in the tiller handle, that's where I'll start, but if I can't figure it out, I'll take it to the shop.

The hardest part of fixing your problem is figuring out what is causing the short, move your cables around, pull and push on them, check your connector, move the engine up and down, right and left. Sooner or later you will find what is blowing the fuse. Can you find out what the fuse protects, is there a possibility someone put in a smaller fuse?