Thread: whittier this weekend?

Default whittier this weekend?

I saw the weather and it and doesn't look that nice to say the least. Is anyone planing on heading out? I'm gonna look at the weather tonight and in the morning and make a descion then.
    Boatless

FRI...SE WIND 35 KT. SEAS 8 FT. RAIN.
    .FRI NIGHT...E WIND 35 KT. SEAS 9 FT.
    .SAT...E WIND 40 KT. SEAS 10 FT.
    .SUN...E WIND 20 KT. SEAS 4 FT.

No thanks, man. Drinking beer in the boat next to the house sounds a lot more fun.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I think the shrimp will be safe! Perfect weather for someone wanting to test their boat and skills.

Took a hike along turnagain at lunch today, it's howling out there!
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Yep, I'm in the 'want to go but hopefully smarter than that' category. I canceled my early departure from work and will try again next week, unless things drastically change.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

I couldn't go if I wanted to because my boat's not ready. But at least I feel better knowing that even if i was ready to go there's no way I would!

Pete you negativity isn't gonna help me change the weather, I'm an optimist what can I say. I keep checking the buoys out off of Cape clear and in Wester PWS and the wind has't started up YET. I guess I'll just watch the weather and if it looks descent I'm going. If not I may go troll for kings out of Homer with a buddy
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    Pete you negativity isn't gonna help me change the weather, I'm an optimist what can I say. I keep checking the buoys out off of Cape clear and in Wester PWS and the wind has't started up YET. I guess I'll just watch the weather and if it looks descent I'm going. If not I may go troll for kings out of Homer with a buddy
    No negativity on my end, just envy. My boat isn't ready to hit the water, yet. Soon.

Pete, My backup plan is next weekend, maybe I will see you out there. FISHFACE is tied up changing diapers that weekend, so I am pretty sure it will be a beautiful, calm weekend in the Sound.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Between Pete's the negitivty, Jim's personal attacks, and the weather I just can't catch a break . That 4 O'clock forcast could change this frown into a smiley face or just push me deeper into depression.
    Boatless

Brad is stuck in whamby pamby land. Need a tissue? I will be heading out on the 5th. We sound like a bunch of old ladies!

I feel like one. being trapped in the Utah for six months can do that to a guy. Is the cradle going on this weekend?
    Boatless

The marine forecast this weekend looks great because Iím stuck in town with commitments, but that donít help the guys who were looking forward to going out. Next weekend perhaps some fish can be had and I'll get the shrimping dialed in a little better.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    I feel like one. being trapped in the Utah for six months can do that to a guy. Is the cradle going on this weekend?
    I am hoping so. It shouldn't take long. We are planning on doing it in the driveway.

I am setting on my boat in the Whittier Small boat harbor at this time. It is blowing up to 30knots with rain. This weekend there is a gale coming in Prince William Sound. There is a commerical shrimp openner starting on Saturday but I am not going out until Sunday as I am waiting for the weather to clear up.

yeah I was thinking about sunday too.
    Boatless