Thread: Lower Kenai Launch still Closed

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default Lower Kenai Launch still Closed

I just went to Eagle Rock and Pillars boat lauches and both were/are gated up as of 11:30 am Thursday.I'm not sure when they will open,but there was a number in the shack at Eagle Rock.Sorry,I did not write it down.......

Sounds like some one is really itchin' to get his boat wet!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

I discovered the same think this past Saturday. If you drive past the Pillars entrance and go down the road with all the 'no trespassing' signs, where does that lead? Is is a private residence or is that state owned property down the road? Just curious.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default I'm Itchin Real Bad

Doc,
    You definitely got that right.I did get to fish the HWKT thi year but didn't do so good.
    You gonna make it up this year ?We haven't heard much from you lately ?Must be your busy season,eh ?
    Hope to see you on the river.......

BTW-stay tuned---I will post on this forum when the gates are down......
    Mark.

Can't answer about where the NO TRESPASSING road goes,I didn't trespass there.

Not sure when those will open, but I was told that the City boys will have Swiftwater and Centinial open on May1. The road past Pillars goes to Travis Hall's house @ Honeymoon cove(I think he still owns it?)

Something I always wonder every time I deploy a Kwik under the black Willie tied to his dock.... "How the heck did he ever get a permit to build that close to the river?"
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Francis, if you have enough money to buy 40 acres of prime Kenai R. land from the Kenaitze's, a permit is not a problem! Actually I dont believe it is in either city's limit boundries so a permit is not required. At least not 10 years ago when I built my house.