Thread: DIY Kodiak?

Meadow Lakes

Default DIY Kodiak?

I know this has been beat to death. But, I have $150 flight voucher that expires today so I need to make a quick decision. What are options for hunts out of Kodiak? Is a flight out mandatory? Is there any chance at success in renting a vehicle and hunting off the road system? Late October or early November. Thanks!

Check out other post on Kodiak regarding Native Lands and how they have them tied up, for the most part, for the road system.
    I would take a beaver out to the south end and have a fantastic hunt, where the big boys me if you want details.

It is possible to kill them by hunting on the road system just have to go further and hunt harder. Come and hunt last week of October and pick up a registration bear tag and hunt both deer and bear. General deer closes on Oct 31 on raid system. Can also hunt weapons restricted after or bow hunt goats in Nov on road system as well. Lots of options book it and tweak dates slightly later.

Kodiak, Ak

Yeah, you can have a good time and plenty of success off the road system, Leisnoi land is huntable, and not hunted so hard recently, but the permits are $125/yr, for Deer, Small game, and Waterfowl hunting, and there's a tremendous amount of land there,
    if you can walk hard, camp high, there's plenty of Deer killed off the road system every year, on public land as well.

Book It, for late Oct. and as dieNqvrs mentioned, make plans for a combo hunt out of several possible varieties

I just picked up the latest from Leisnoi yesterday at F&G, here's the contact #(907)486-2716
    if interested in getting a permit, or more details on what you can do on their land, like they don't want you camping or starting fires outside designated areas, etc. Bears cost more, and some areas are off limits for Bear Hunting, but they're getting a lot easier to work with for hunters.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !