Thread: Spring conditions at Alpine Creek

Default Spring conditions at Alpine Creek

Spent the last week out here at alpine creek lodge running for bears, no sign yet. maybe a tad early but conditions are going to be great this upcoming week, snow is awesome for crusing around, i've got trails laid in just about everywhere, slides are coming down and the timing should be awesome next week and maybe even into early may, lots of snow in the bottom of the valleys and you can cover alot of country. i won't be here but wanted to let everyone know that the snow is lasting alot longer than last year and some good riding is still to be had out there!
    check the snowmachine forums for pics of the conditions here...thread is WHERE WERE YOUR SLEDS TODAY...
    We got a fresh inch or snow of snow last night to freshen up all the tracks, so things will be fresh..
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Appreciate the update! Great news for snowmachiners. Not so good for those of us with only 4 wheelers. I have a trip planned in mid-May, same exact dates as my trip last year. Hoping hoping hoping things melt off soon..............

-akiceman25
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

How is access to the mountains on said trails? Would you be able to get relatively close if you spot a bear?

AZinAK

trails go right thru the mtns. valleys over a few passes. most anywhere you could snowshoe right up to the mtn's. if i saw a bear i doubt i'd try to drive over to it...but after you shot it you could get pretty close. as it always is with spring conditions be carefull where you drive to, its unstable snow time of year. need to just be smart with how you ride and where you ride. but the trails are all great and go thru some super habitat, i have one more day to hunt out here tomorrow, we have about 3 inches of fresh snow on the ground now and still coming down, everything will be freshened up...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212