Thread: scott albany in paint booth

Default scott albany in paint booth

I have the freighter at the paint shop. Pics are at duckboats.net Check em out bob

Bob, you should have attached a link and some of Lou's photos. However, it can be hard to find the photo URL at times on some sights, so I fixed it for ya.

I see those pics as broken (not visible) on both this site and the duck boats site. Thanks for the link though Ray.

It might be a membership issue with cookies and what not. Those images are uploaded to the DHBP forum rather than loaded to a image share site.

Let me know if you want to see them for reals and I can figure out a way to upload them here with a none breaking link...or something.

Thanks to AK Ray for fixing the photos. Just got back in town. Hope you folks like the color better. The boat was located near Detroit and I am near Chicago. I found the boat via a Craigslist search and posted the find here a few weeks ago. I was not interested in the boat because the seller wanted 25 hundred for it. To my surprise I found it again a week later on ebay for 1550.00 Buy It Now. Now im interested,talked to the warden and lifted the offer. Transaction was very smooth. This is truly a "little old lady only drove it to church on Sunday" story. An older fellow from a "substantial" Detroit suburb, purchased the boat new for fishing with his grandson and sorry to say, passed away before he was able to use it. It was stored in a barn for some years until the widow decided to clean out the husbands stuff. She asked the help on a person that was internet savvy and thats how I ended up with the boat. I did not dig the color because it is going to be used for duck hunting so I checked around and posted some questions on this site and in the end decided to paint it. I have been buying paint from Lou at Lock stock and Barrell for other projects including my 19 square grumman and it is great paint. Lous also a glass boat builder and has history at PPG. I posed the paint question to him and he felt that the paint would stick. I figured to paint the boat myself when I was telling Lou that the boat was near his shop. I asked Lou if he had anything going on right now and would he be interested in picking up the boat and painting it. A deal was struck and thats where I am so far. I did talk to the people at Scott Canoe and ordered decals so it looks showroom new. Bob

Boat is curing now. More pics on the other site. Im not talented enough to get them here. Hello AK Ray! Bob