Thread: Time of day

Default Time of day

what time of day do you guys see most of your hits? My schedule allows me a lot more time to hunt in the AM but i am wondering if i would be wasting my time or is the morning productive like the evenings are?

Late night but I have had them come in very early morining like 3 or 4 in the morning

I've shot most of mine in the evening, but had a steady hitter at 11 am on the cam that I shot right on schedule a couple years ago, and last year shot one at 1pm. When they're hitting good, there's usually activity several times during the day. Definitely worth giving it a try! One thing sure, its easier staying awake on the morning shift than the night shift.

thanks. anyone else have any input?

From all the stats I have collected from my sites on the cameras, the highest amount of visits were around 10-11 pm, 2nd best was 5-7 am. Guess it comes to which you want to do, begin in darkness or leave in it.
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

In my experience, they were most active in the late evening to early morning hours. I usually shoot my bears from 8pm to 1 am. I sit my stands from evening til usually 6am or so. Hunt the night shift lol...get a trail cam so you can pattern the bears.